Chefs Table

amyhphoto

Sailing on Nov 07 on the Edge for a 4 night sailing. Trying to book the Chefs Table online. Is says it’s at 12 pm in Fort Lauderdale on day 01. This can’t be right? Maybe someone knows more about this and could offer some advice? 

Book it quick as the number of spaces is very limited. As sn2792 said, you will be notified on board when the dinner is to be held. Did it on the Apex back in March and thought it was worth the price.

FYI- by dessert, too full to enjoy it. The next time, I’d ask for it to be sent to my cabin as a snack later. LOL 

26 minutes ago, Antevius said:

Any chance they hold back some open spots for booking once on the ship?

Unfortunately not as they often sell out months before the cruise, although once in a great while someone will cancel or not board the ship and a spot will open up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marriedonacruise said:

Unfortunately not as they often sell out months before the cruise, although once in a great while someone will cancel or not board the ship and a spot will open up.

I'm not sure that is the case...  We tried to book the Chef's Table online without success and then had our TA try to book us with their Celebrity rep.  Neither were successful but once onboard we spoke to a waiter promoting the specialty restaurants and he was able to book our party of four without a problem. 

I am confident that there are time holdbacks for the other specialty restaurants.  We booked one online and the earliest table we could get was 8PM.  Went in early at 7:45 and the place was almost empty and our waiter told us they had availability all evening.

Mike in Ohio

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bru92 said:

I'm not sure that is the case...  We tried to book the Chef's Table online without success and then had our TA try to book us with their Celebrity rep.  Neither were successful but once onboard we spoke to a waiter promoting the specialty restaurants and he was able to book our party of four without a problem. 

I am confident that there are time holdbacks for the other specialty restaurants.  We booked one online and the earliest table we could get was 8PM.  Went in early at 7:45 and the place was almost empty and our waiter told us they had availability all evening.

Mike in Ohio

There are definitely holdbacks for the other specialty restaurants (especially for the high end suites like the Royal Suite, Penthouse, etc where specialty restaurants are included and people don't want to have to decide too far in advance).  We did 3 cruises last year (all in a Penthouse) and were able to go into whatever specialty restaurant we wanted without having to make reservations and were told they do keep a few tables held for the top suites.  We were told (on each cruise by 3 different people) that the Chef's Table does in fact sell out beforehand since it is only 12 seats and done once per cruise.  Likely there were cancellations due to COVID, etc that opened up the four slots - or possibly they were willing/able to accommodate more than 12 as a one-time exception.

Just posted a review of ours in the Summit. See post Another Adventure - Bermuda June 26th. Ours was day one. On the Edge in March it was night three.  It seems they are trying more to book night one for online and offer another as onboard bookings. We have done three of them. Cheers. BN

• Like 1