Covid on the weeks leading up to your cruise?

suzyed

Had Covid June 3rd. Was moderately ill for a week but also took Paxlovid so, I think that helped. Tested negative by June 8th but had a doctor's note just in case. Sailed June 19th with a negative test on June 17th so never needed the doctor's note. I felt it was the perfect time to sail since i did not have any worries about possibly catching it again. My biggest issue was making sure none of my family would catch it and test positive pre cruise. Everyone tested negative and we had a wonderful cruise.

• Like 5

My daughter tested positive a week before we were to sail on May 1st with HAL.  She immediately made an appointment for a PCR test and subsequently obtained a recovery document which would have allowed her to sail again.  Meanwhile, I contacted the line and they moved our trip to another ship a month later.  We went for a rapid test the day before boarding and we were both negative so she didn't have to use the recovery documents.

• Like 2

We were Exposed by a close relative a few days before we were set to sail.

We would have tested Negative, but COULD have turned Positive at beginning of the cruise.

Affecting ourselves or putting others at risk.

We decided it was safest to cancel & push our trip out,  which we did.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tutumomickey said:

Had Covid June 3rd. Was moderately ill for a week but also took Paxlovid so, I think that helped. Tested negative by June 8th but had a doctor's note just in case. Sailed June 19th with a negative test on June 17th so never needed the doctor's note. I felt it was the perfect time to sail since i did not have any worries about possibly catching it again. My biggest issue was making sure none of my family would catch it and test positive pre cruise. Everyone tested negative and we had a wonderful cruise.

Wow!  That's great!  Glad that it all worked out for you and your family.

57 minutes ago, LACruiser88 said:

I tested positive on February 27th, on a b2b cruise, was asymptomatic.  Our next cruise sailed on April 3rd and my pre-cruise test was negative.

Whew!  Did you take an anti-viral?

17 minutes ago, CalLuvsCrusingToo said:

We were Exposed by a close relative a few days before we were set to sail.

We would have tested Negative, but COULD have turned Positive at beginning of the cruise.

Affecting ourselves or putting others at risk.

We decided it was safest to cancel & push our trip out,  which we did.

Hope you didn't get it!

On 6/27/2022 at 1:07 PM, tutumomickey said:

Yikes!  That was close.  We got covid 5/4, took paxlovid, was negative by 5/19 and got booster anyway.  Got doctor's note just in case like you did but also got negative test on 6/17, and perhaps we were on the same ship since we also sailed 6/19.  We were traveling w/friends and didn't want to get sick or get them sick, so we didn't do much for the 2 weeks prior.  We tested negative this morning after we got home but will test again in 5 days just in case.

• Like 1