Seattle Info for Carnival Passengers

What Carnival Passengers should expect at Seattle's Pier 91

• Every person needs to be registered with ArriveCan.  The ArriveCan QR code must be presented in order to enter the Pier 91 terminal building.  There is tech support to assist located outside the terminal building, but best to complete ArriveCan at home.
  • Every passenger needs a paper copy of their Boarding Pass to board the ship.  If you arrive without a paper copy, one will be printed for you, but easier to bring it from home.  Please have it out and ready as you enter the building.
  • Priority Line for Diamond, Platinum and Suite Guests is after the security screening - It begins at the Check-in area located on the 2nd floor of the terminal building.
  • Longshore Porters leave at 2 PM sharp.  If you arrive after 2 PM you will have to carry your own luggage onboard.
  • Seattle's Port Valet luggage program is not being offered by Carnival during the 2022 season. 
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Read on other threads that they ARE requiring ArriveCan at check-in, regardless of whether or not you intend to get off at Victoria. Go ahead and pass on filling it out now, as long as you are willing to risk the delay of doing it all at the Terminal. 

17 minutes ago, Saruman said:

Read on other threads that they ARE requiring ArriveCan at check-in, regardless of whether or not you intend to get off at Victoria......

Absolutely correct.  Canada isn't messing around.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2022 at 8:52 PM, Janet&Carl said:

Of course unless you are not going into a Canadian port.  This worried me until I found out that ArriveCan was for entry into Canada.  We dont go there 😉 so we dont need to do this.

the ship stops in Canada, whether you get off or not, you still need the ArriveCan filled out in order to board the ship in Seattle.  (We went to Alaska in May,)

1 hour ago, Saruman said:

Read on other threads that they ARE requiring ArriveCan at check-in, regardless of whether or not you intend to get off at Victoria. Go ahead and pass on filling it out now, as long as you are willing to risk the delay of doing it all at the Terminal. 

54 minutes ago, groundloop said:

Absolutely correct.  Canada isn't messing around.

27 minutes ago, tutuwahineLV said:

the ship stops in Canada, whether you get off or not, you still need the ArriveCan filled out in order to board the ship in Seattle.  (We went to Alaska in May,)

There are a few cruises that go to the Panama Canal and one Transpacific that leave from Seattle.  Perhaps they are on one of those cruises.

7 hours ago, tutuwahineLV said:

I am not going to Alaska I am going to Hawaii 🙂 I am on the Transpacific back to Sydney

Edited by Janet&Carl
  • Like 2

@Janet&Carl, Seattle is basically the departure port for most of the US cruises to Alaska.  You are on a very rare cruise leaving Seattle that is not Alaska bound (as you said,  your cruise will eventually end up in Sydney).  It  is not surprising that readers are confused by your posts.  It might be helpful in the future if you identify the type of cruise/itinerary you have booked in your responses, especially since none of the Seattle/Alaska protocols will apply to your trans-pacific repositioning cruise.  Thanks!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

@Janet&Carl, Seattle is basically the departure port for most of the US cruises to Alaska.  You are on a very rare cruise leaving Seattle that is not Alaska bound (as you said,  your cruise will eventually end up in Sydney).  It  is not surprising that readers are confused by your posts.  It might be helpful in the future if you identify the type of cruise/itinerary you have booked in your responses, especially since none of the Seattle/Alaska protocols will apply to your trans-pacific repositioning cruise.  Thanks!

thanks but if you read my original post I did say that I didnt go to Canada on my cruise

A couple more thing about Seattle 's Pier 91 for cruises to Alaska:

First check in times are being ignored. You can arrive anytime. I arrived at 10:30am and I was on board at 11:45am. 

The process is as follow:

- Walk just outside the entrance of the building and drop the bags.

- Walk back outside to the end of the long line to enter the building. The line is mostly in the shade.

- Just before entering the building, they will check you have a printed boarding pass and the ArriveCan QR code. If you don't have a boarding pass, one is printed for you. If you don't have ArriveCan you are pulled out of the line so you can download the app, fill all the info, and get the QR code (WiFi is available in the building).

- After you enter the building you got to the security/covid check. If you did Verifly, it takes just a few seconds. If not, they check all the paperwork, vaccine, tests, etc. I was very glad I did Verifly. 

- Then you go upstairs. Platinum/Diamonds/Suites go to the left to a shorter line, the rest go to a long check in line to the right. At the end of the line, they check you in, your picture is taken, and you will be sent either to a waiting area or allowed to board (by 11:45am all groups were allowed to board). 

- Welcome on board. Enjoy your cruise! 

- Rooms were available at 1:30pm. A sealed envelope in the mailbox will have your sail&sign cards. 

• Thanks 1

@crespo, pretty accurate description.  Some days the lines are long, other days it just flows smoothly.  It gets crowded when the airport transfer buses arrive (capacity of 54 passengers), along with all the other drop-offs.

Thank you for mentioning that if you can't show the ArriveCan proof of completion QR code, you will be pulled out of line and will need to complete ArriveCan while standing outside the building.   There is staff support to assist, but easier to do at home.  You may complete ArriveCan up to 3 days before getting on the cruise ship.  Also, if you need to access your ArriveCan with a password, please remember it.  So many folks fumble with their phones trying to remember their password.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1