Can’t upgrade from Plus Package to Premier Package if there are 3 in a room at $25 @ day rate

Buffy56

Princess is telling me we can’t upgrade from Plus package to Premier package at the $25@day rate .  There are 3 of us staying in a suite and only 2 can upgrade at $25,@day, the third would have to pay over $900 to do so for a week.  Has anyone heard this as well?

Does the 3rd person have the Plus package? Since the new packages were introduced, only guests 1 and 2 get assigned the Plus package, whereas it normally got assigned to all guests. If that is the case for your booking, it would make sense that you are being told you can't "upgrade"...if the 3rd person DOES have the Plus package, then I would suspect the wonderful IT minds at Princess haven't factored in the algorithms correctly that would account for the fact that past bookings were required to have all guests purchase Plus while current bookings do not...OR that the 3/4 upgrade code is just that - a code that is a price for BOTH guests 3 and 4 and doesn't factor in that there may only be 3 guests on a booking?

Keep us posted!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Buffy56 said:

Yes 3rd person also has plus package, Princess said since 3rd person paid less, they had to pay more.  I even gave them the code.  Makes no sense why code doesn’t work.

That makes no sense at all! They paid less for their cruise fare, but not less for their "Plus" package! I would ask to take it higher...

9 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Does the 3rd person have the Plus package? Since the new packages were introduced, only guests 1 and 2 get assigned the Plus package, whereas it normally got assigned to all guests. If that is the case for your booking, it would make sense that you are being told you can't "upgrade"...

There is a code for someone with no package ("standard" pricing) to upgrade to the Premier package for $75/day, its regular price.