Have you stayed in a suite (grand suite or higher) on a voyager class ship in 2022?

Hi there.  We’re sailing this summer on Adventure of the Seas and were lucky to get a Grand Suite via a  Royalup bid.  Our young-ish children will be with us and we had some questions about current suite benefits on non-“Royal Suite Class” ships.

1) I read somewhere that bridge/galley/backstage tours were suspended or phased out, even though the RCL website lists this as a suite perk.  Has anyone gone on a bridge, etc. tour on Adventure or a sister ship in 2022?  It’s something the kids would enjoy so I am hopeful they’re still on.

2) Does a suite stay guarantee entry to shows via the reserved seating or concierge reservations?  If you’ve stayed in a suite this year, how did the show reservations/seats work?  Any difference with seating for the ice skating show?  

3) Would you recommend avoiding any particular shows if bringing children ?  (if the show is “adult only” we obviously wouldn’t bring children.)  Better yet, would you recommend attending any in particular?   We would be planning to attend the early/first sessions.  Ours are 7 to 14.

4) Is the suite lounge on AOS/comparable ships off limits to children in 2022 during the happy hour/evening  or any other times?  We wouldn’t have them in for long of course and believe it or not they are remarkably well-behaved.  

5) Speaking of alcohol, I’ve seen conflicting RCL information on whether rcl gives a bottle of sparkling wine or regular wine to suite guests.  Anyone with a grand suite recently get a complimentary bottle of champagne in your room on embarkation day?  (In one place online, it says champagne for Royal suites only.  I purchased a bottle of Moët Chandon but would want to cancel if there’s already a bottle waiting.  Then again, maybe we should drink both bottles - since we’re traveling with kids.  

Thanks for your help.  And yes - I think Bono just whispered in my ear that these are first-world problems. 

If you think of anything else that’s a good suite benefit for parents traveling with kids, please share.

6 hours ago, Seannie said:

Is the suite lounge on AOS/comparable ships off limits to children in 2022 during the happy hour/evening  or any other times?

No.

Unlikely you'll get any amenity just due to you being in a GS - bring the Moet (or other favorite wine) with you instead of paying inflated RCI prices.

Edited by Biker19

Staying in grand suite this week on Voyager. 

1) Tours are still suspended.

2) Voyager doesn't have reservations to shows. Supposed to get vip seating with silver sea pass card but our cruise only has 1323 people on it, so no need for any special seating.

3) All of Voyager's shows have been appropriate for all ages.

4) Sorry, no idea. 

5) We received 6 cans of water and 1 bottle of Evian water. And a fruit plate. 

Pretty sure you will be able to bring your kids to the suite lounge anytime you want.  Don’t worry one bit about doing it unless the Concierge sets rules against it (which I believe doesn’t exist anymore if it ever really did).  We’ve been in suite a for several years now with kids and the concierges love to give attention to kids. One even surprised ours with build a bears the last day of the cruise.  I really think she wanted to keep our daughter.  Lol.  

Kids have been allowed in the suite lounge at all times since like 2012, despite sporadic posts about them no longer being allowed.

I've never had a bottle of wine/champagne just for being a suite guest. Just the big bottle of water and random finger foods throughout the week

Edited by smokeybandit

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

Kids have been allowed in the suite lounge at all times since like 2012, despite sporadic posts about them no longer being allowed.

I've never had a bottle of wine/champagne just for being a suite guest. Just the big bottle of water and random finger foods throughout the week

We were invited to a royal suite for drinks and they said champagne was delivered for free . Never had that in grand or owner suites.

curious pre Covid there were reserved seats for ice show for suites, has that been restored?