Does Blue Iguana have corn tortillas?

KKB

52 minutes ago, markkw07 said:

Do people eat burritos with a corn tortilla? I guess you could, but don't see that too often at least

around here(the large western state that is below Oregon and above Baja)

They do if they can't have gluten, like myself

1 hour ago, Buffettfan 225 said:

I like corn too, maybe make a corn tortilla sandwich to hold all of burrito toppings. 

I think that's called a soft taco. :classic_laugh: At least that what it is down here. 

1 minute ago, Joe817 said:

I think that's called a soft taco. :classic_laugh: At least that what it is down here. 

soft tacos are made with flour tortillas, hard tacos are made with corn tortillas.

1 minute ago, mz-s said:

soft tacos are made with flour tortillas, hard tacos are made with corn tortillas.

Maybe it's that way at Taco Bell, Chili's or On The Border, but around me, you can get soft tacos with either corn, white corn, or flour tortillas......

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, mz-s said:

Not always. I've had plenty of soft tacos made of corn tortillas. But what do I know. I'm from Texas. :classic_wink:

2 minutes ago, Lane Hog said:

Maybe it's that way at Taco Bell, Chili's or On The Border, but around me, you can get soft tacos with either corn, white corn, or flour tortillas......

I'm talking about the little hole in the wall restaurants in North Fort Worth, aka. Little Mexico. Like Joe T. Garcias... Esperanza's, La Playa Maya, etc. I  have no idea where "around here" is for you. You can see where I live in my signature. :classic_wink: 

13 hours ago, Joe817 said:

Not always. I've had plenty of soft tacos made of corn tortillas. But what do I know. I'm from Texas. :classic_wink:

Blue Iguana is not from Texas, so your experience at home is not really relevant to the post.

17 hours ago, Joe817 said:

Agreed, and this is absolutely relevant in that corn is offered at Blue Iguana, and depending on what area you are from in the country the option of corn or flour is the norm for any kind of of preparation including soft tacos.  TexMex draws inspiration from Mexico more so then anywhere in the US.  Corn tortillas are more authentic to Mexican cuisine, and first hand experience, are more prevalent when eating in Mexico.

The corn option also serves as an alternative for eaters with gluten issues which I would guess is why they are onboard.

• Thanks 1

On 7/11/2022 at 8:50 PM, Joe817 said:

I'm talking about the little hole in the wall restaurants in North Fort Worth, aka. Little Mexico. Like Joe T. Garcias... Esperanza's, La Playa Maya, etc. I  have no idea where "around here" is for you. You can see where I live in my signature. :classic_wink: 

Very familiar with Joe T's... my wife and I ate many lunches there. Our favorite used to be Esparzas in Grapevine. 

We've lived in FTW, Tucson and now outside Chicago. There are over 1.3M ethnic Mexicans in Chicago metro, and probably close to that in Southern AZ. 

We had hole in the wall for dinner tonight - a family from Guanajuato owns it...

• Like 1

On 7/1/2022 at 11:55 AM, Badfinger said:

The BI could be so much better with just a few simple changes....corn or even flour tortillas for the burritos would be one.  Not sure how wheat and jalapeño became their only choices.  Ugh.

Because they are crappy gringo style wraps, not really tortillas....lol

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...