Can you get Double Double Points?

I booked a cruise last year for this September when Royal was offering double points on all bookings.  So I'm already entitled to 14 points for a seven day cruise.  Now I've received the RoyalUp email offer.  If I were to bid on a Junior Suite and get it, that would normally be double points for a suite.  Would Royal also honour the doubling from the original booking on top of that, so that I'd end up with 28 points total?

5 minutes ago, TheHawk1 said:

I booked a cruise last year for this September when Royal was offering double points on all bookings.  So I'm already entitled to 14 points for a seven day cruise.  Now I've received the RoyalUp email offer.  If I were to bid on a Junior Suite and get it, that would normally be double points for a suite.  Would Royal also honour the doubling from the original booking on top of that, so that I'd end up with 28 points total?

No, you don't get double points when you RoyalUp to a suite, only if you book one outright.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, TheHawk1 said:

I believe you get double double points if you booked suite and booked with the double offer, but as a previous post said, the conditions of a Royal Up do not give you the extra suite points.

29 minutes ago, TheHawk1 said:

I assume there are 2 of you. If this was a solo cruise you would get 3 pts x 2. Leave the wife at home or in a inside cabin lol. She can still sleep with you. 

Double means you ignore us solos how you count to me. Oh well. 1 for regular, 1 for solo, 1 for js and up, equals 3. X 2 if doubled. 6 pts a day, not 8. 

And no if you royal up to a JS or higher, you dont get the extra pt for JS. 

13 minutes ago, beardedladies said:

On the other hand, if you contact Royal directly and upgrade your room at the prevailing rate you would get your double-double points. That may be a lot more than a typical royalup bid though!

So basically not worth the upgrade just to get to Emerald status.  Got it.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TheHawk1 said:

So basically not worth the upgrade just to get to Emerald status.  Got it.

its 6 points versus 4 per day as long as its on the same booking number where you actually have it requoted to a suite category if your solo.