Suite locations to avoid - Symphony

We are considering  going  with a suite guarantee  but we are concerned about getting  placed in a suite in  an undesirable location . How much of. a risk is it? Are there  any  suites  to avoid ?on the Symphony?

There seems to be very few undesirable locations in the suite inventory to me.  The staterooms that might be of concern are those under the public decks, so deck 14, or maybe the aft/boardwalk/sports deck facing CLS.  

We have done a few cruises in staterooms under those public (pool) decks and there was a few instances of noise but it was usually not consistent or problematic, YMMV.  Not sure the chances on getting a Crown Loft Suite with the suite GTY but that group in my opinion has the most likely locations that would be “less desirable” to some.  We were able to get a Royal Up to one of those and even though a side facing CLS would have been nicer, it was still very nice.  

Hoping for the best for you, but thinking that location shouldn’t be a huge concern.

Edited by wdwkings

1 hour ago, evelynw2 said:

We are considering  going  with a suite guarantee  but we are concerned about getting  placed in a suite in  an undesirable location . How much of. a risk is it? Are there  any  suites  to avoid ?on the Symphony?

With a suite guarantee you will most likely receive a JS.

The 2 most undesirable locations IMO would be deck 14 (under the pool deck) or deck 7 as you cannot cross from port to starboard at the aft elevators which are the elevators you would most likely use for those JS's

As mentioned already, deck 14 under the pool deck can be a problem. I was given an owners suite through Royal Up that was directly below the children’s water feature. The room was quiet at night. During the day there was constant running water noise from the children's Splashaway Bay wading pool on the deck above (with spraying water features including a bucket that dumps water every few minutes). It's not terribly bad but consistent throughout the day. It stops around 8 pm and starts again around 8 am. There were occasional heavy footsteps from the pool deck above. The suite is wonderful but the location is not. 

We did a suite guarantee, received a jr suite then did Royal up to a crown loft on symphony two weeks ago. By far the best experience we ever had. Used the suite lounge and coastal kitchen everyday since it was at our doorstep and avoided the other 6,000+ passengers onboard. They are definitely understaffed for back to 110% capacity 

3 hours ago, evelynw2 said:

How does Royal up work with a suite guarantee ?

You bid like every one else. Your bids may be canceled once you get an assignment, but you should be able to bid again soon after that. 

5 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

With a suite guarantee you will most likely receive a JS.

The 2 most undesirable locations IMO would be deck 14 (under the pool deck) or deck 7 as you cannot cross from port to starboard at the aft elevators which are the elevators you would most likely use for those JS's

I hate deck seven for any room on this class because you can't cross from one side to the next and it takes a few days for me to figure out my bearings and it seems like I'm always on the wrong side. lol