Viking air question

Jjg34219

Just watching our upcoming flights to and from Alaska in a couple weeks, we see our return flights from Vancouver on UAL running about an hour late almost daily. Our connecting flight in Denver only gives us 1 hr 20 minutes. Pessimistically, Im convinced we will miss our connection, and our flight options to Tampa sure dont look pretty.

So assuming we miss the connection, do we call Viking for help or just deal with UAL.

The common reason for delay is “took longer to load baggage” in Vancouver.

Already tried to get flights changed to an earlier flight that would allow for a long layover and Viking wanted 500 bucks.

We had a delay 3 years ago, and one of us worked with the airline and the other was on the phone with Viking. Whoever got a new flight first was the winner! ( It was Viking.) I’d still try both options if you have a problem. I always have the airline app on my phone, and join the loyalty/miles program as that usually gets me a special phone number to call. Hope for the best! Our layover at JFK for our Homelands cruise is 5 hours….I picked that flight on purpose!!

11 hours ago, Jjg34219 said:

We originally had close to a 2-hour layover in Denver, but schedules slowly change over time

Great point for the future or if it happens again (a change). If they change your itinerary or your timing, you should be able to get a complete change at no cost as it is not your fault their schedule changed. We used this during COVID when we had flights that flew but we had cancelled the cruise at the end of that flight. As soon as they changed the times, we called the airline and got a full refund but they would probably be just as happy making a change. 

Oh ya’ll…it was NOT Viking…but our planning… .My DH and I were in the Seattle airport for 28 hours… we we were awake for 34 hours… we are really old and not amenable to this type of circumstance.…we had booked 1st class (domestic travel) from Atlanta to Seattle - Seattle to Vancouver.  This flight was just fine…on the way home the _— hit the fan….Anchorage to Seattle…was was delayed by 1 hour due to a mechanical question… the flight attendants did not have any hope for us, so they told the Seattle crew to just go ahead.   Well…, we got to the Seattle airport and ran….   (By the way, that’s not easy for 69 and 65 year old people to do) but there was our plane…sitting at the gate… but the gate attendant said no…the door was closed… the previous flight did not ask them to wait…they gave away our 1st class seats….but here is the kicker…our luggage got on the flight!!! The plane sat at the gate for another 12 minutes!  We could have gone home as planned….but no….we chased flights for the next 20 hours…finally…we were able to get on a flight to Cincinnati …. It was only 2.5 hours delayed…and once again we RAN… to the Cincinnati to Atlanta flight…not only did we sit in the VERY LAST row in the plane , but we had to sit in MIDDLE SEATS! We had paid for 1st class seats and we were allowed to “apply” for a refund of the class differential…no word yet and no refund as of this date (one week) we will see if Delta is as good as they advertise.  This is the expectation of today]…I can only hope our ticketed flights for Atlanta to Paris and Oslo to Atlanta will go as planned…Here is to all of you… plan for the best…expect whatever will come!   Know that you may have to RUN!

• Like 1

Let Me Travel…..”we are really old” ????? Anything in the 60’s is young for me!!! And yes, we still can run in our seventies, but we will practice a bit more! Sorry for the trouble you had! 

• Like 1