Issue on Liberty after sailaway today? JULY 4

Sitting on the beach by Port Canaveral. Liberty sailed away right on-time at 15:30. But since dropping off the pilot the ship has turned around and has been just sitting off shore. It appears it’s waiting for the other cruise ships to depart and may have to come back into port.

I hope everyone onboard and the ship itself is okay. Happy 4th everyone

Edited by Vinnyv20032003

Wondering the same thing. We watched it leave port, now its engines are off and its at Canaveral anchorage. A couple was doing a live blog on YouTube. I asked them what what up. Assuming they respond I’ll post it here. 

On 7/6/2022 at 10:18 AM, cairncrazy said:

Facebook post said a child was on board withhout the mom.... 

On 7/6/2022 at 3:25 PM, sthrnbll said:

I read that 6 passengers boarded the wrong ship 💁‍♀️

How are either of these scenarios possible?

#1:

"Oh hi little girl/boy, are you ready to board now?  Don't worry, you don't need adults with you or anything.  I'm sure they'll show up eventually."

The only thing I can think of is the child boarded with at least one parent, parent(s) got off the ship to get something from car or whatever (and yes, technically abandoned their child!), failed to re-board in time.

#2:

"Oh you're sailing the Freedom?  OK, good, welcome aboard the Liberty.  Don't worry that your barcode scan isn't working all seven times we check, it just says you aren't supposed to be on this manifest."

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I was on board. It’s pretty much confirmed via both the staff and people who saw it happen.

A nine-year-old boy got on the boat with grandma. Father who was not on board became upset (we think grandma didn’t have permission?) and they turned around. I figure they feel a lawsuit would be more expensive than the extra cost…

dad ended up coming on board when we went back with his girlfriend. 

1 hour ago, laurenfl15 said:

I was on board. It’s pretty much confirmed via both the staff and people who saw it happen.

A nine-year-old boy got on the boat with grandma. Father who was not on board became upset (we think grandma didn’t have permission?) and they turned around. I figure they feel a lawsuit would be more expensive than the extra cost…

dad ended up coming on board when we went back with his girlfriend. 

So it sounds like Dad and the GF were late for check-in/boarding and denied .. so they threatened trouble/lawsuit since the rest of the family (with his kid) left without him ..  hey ... pretty impressive maneuver if so!