Detailed review with photos of Celebrity Beyond 23rd June - 2nd July Western Mediterranean

Lunastella

11 hours ago, G&G said:

Thanks for the great review. Scheduled to board Beyond in November and very excited. I do not know if I missed it but do you know how many passengers were on your cruise? Thanks

We were on the same sailing, and were told around 1600 on board. 

37 minutes ago, CyberTag said:

We were on the same sailing, and were told around 1600 on board. 

Thanks CyberTag. I thought by now these ships would be sailing nearly full. But what was amazing was most of the photos that Lunastella posted from inside the ship, rarely were there other passengers in the picture. It looked like y’all had your own private yacht 😀

3 hours ago, G&G said:

Thanks CyberTag. I thought by now these ships would be sailing nearly full. But what was amazing was most of the photos that Lunastella posted from inside the ship, rarely were there other passengers in the picture. It looked like y’all had your own private yacht 😀

Our July 11th Greek Isles cruise on the Beyond was nearly 100% full (over 3,000 passengers), but honestly it never really felt that much worse than my last two half-full Edge cruises. I did notice that they added significantly more chairs to the main pool area compared to the half-full sailings--before there was an area left open for dancing and events, and this time that area was full of chairs and all the chairs were more densely packed. But nowhere on the ship did I find it difficult to find a place to sit, nor did I ever have to wait long for a drink if I went up to a bar.

1 hour ago, Sykes said:

Our July 11th Greek Isles cruise on the Beyond was nearly 100% full (over 3,000 passengers), but honestly it never really felt that much worse than my last two half-full Edge cruises. I did notice that they added significantly more chairs to the main pool area compared to the half-full sailings--before there was an area left open for dancing and events, and this time that area was full of chairs and all the chairs were more densely packed. But nowhere on the ship did I find it difficult to find a place to sit, nor did I ever have to wait long for a drink if I went up to a bar.

Wow, that’s a relief. Not a long wait for a drink 😀

On 7/18/2022 at 12:29 PM, Lunastella said:

Last day & Parting words

I know lots of people don’t seem to like the Edge class ships (at least that’s the vibe I get from CC), but now I can safely say that I do. That said….dum, dum, dum…the big reveal….it’s not my most favourite ship ever…that accolade goes to HAL Nieuw Statendam.

One final question, we board the Nieuw Statendam in December. What made this ship better than the Beyond?

On 7/26/2022 at 8:11 AM, G&G said:

One final question, we board the Nieuw Statendam in December. What made this ship better than the Beyond?

Hi Lunastella. Are you still out there or have you left the building 😀.

Would very much appreciate an answer to my question from a week ago, why did you rank Nieux Statendam ahead of the Beyond?

Lunastella… thank you so much for your review. I went back and reread it after we returned back to the US from Barcelona 1.5 weeks ago.     I really enjoyed reading it the first time however it meant even more after doing this exact same itinerary on the Beyond.  We loved all the ports and like you we did almost every port on our own with the exception of the Cinque Terra. Like you said many times it was hot hot hot.  Thought I was going to die there and have never sweated so much in my life!  I couldn’t wait to get back to the ship!   We absolutely loved the new Beyond and it was special to have Capt Kate as our Captain.  Loved it so much we have another cruise next year on this ship with a different itinerary. It would be wonderful to have Capt Kate again but who knows on that one.  

Thank you for all the wonderful photos and all the time and work you put into this review.  

• Like 1