Do Princess Medallions fit in AirTag holders?

sunsetme

• 2 months later...

So are the medallions waterproof?  What if you are in the pool/ocean/hot tub?  Or do you have to leave them 'out' somewhere?  

Also looking at various options - and I see some waterproof wristbands, like watches, to pop them in - but if not waterproof guess there is not point to getting these?

1 hour ago, Froufie said:

So are the medallions waterproof?  What if you are in the pool/ocean/hot tub?  Or do you have to leave them 'out' somewhere?  

Also looking at various options - and I see some waterproof wristbands, like watches, to pop them in - but if not waterproof guess there is not point to getting these?

There completely waterproof. 

@madre2

For embarking or disembarking the ship, you have to hold your Medallion up to a RFID scanner and they have to make contact.  

As for ordering drinks:

If you use the MedallionApp, then no need to scan your Medallion.

If you walk up to a bar, the bar tender may ask you to scan your Medallion or may ask you verbally for your cabin number for them to manually input.

You'll have to remove the clip with the Medallion in order to scan it.  Some people have had luck using the clips with a retractable cord. 

If I have to press the Medallion I take my holder out of my pocket and hold it to the scanner. There's no need to remove it from the holder. My wife tends to clip hers to the outside of a pocket (if she has one) otherwise she sometimes carries a small bag with her phone and the Medallion. If I'm ordering a drink at a bar on Lido deck and there's not a big crowd around I don't even have to take the thing out of my pocket. As stated by others sometimes they ask for your cabin number. Overall it's definitely been easier than having a cruise card.

Just so you know, the Princess Medallions are smaller in diameter than Apple AirTags. IF the AirTag holder is undersized and a tight fit, you SHOULD be ok with a Medallion. Just keep in mind that this IS NOT an ideal situation, since you are using something that is the wrong size. I know of one person who lost their Medallion while ashore because it fell out of an AirTag holder. Buyer beware and your mileage may vary.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, RunningTheWonder said:

Just so you know, the Princess Medallions are smaller in diameter than Apple AirTags. IF the AirTag holder is undersized and a tight fit, you SHOULD be ok with a Medallion. Just keep in mind that this IS NOT an ideal situation, since you are using something that is the wrong size. I know of one person who lost their Medallion while ashore because it fell out of an AirTag holder. Buyer beware and your mileage may vary.

Losing the medallion is no big thing, they'll just make a new one for you.  I lost one on a port call and didn't realize it until I got to the security gate at the pier.  They asked me for my name and cabin number and called guest services, then let me through.  On the way to the ship, a guest services employee was running towards me with a new medallion (they have your picture, so they know what you look like.)  It is more important that you don't lose the AirTag holder.  Also, I had to really fight it a lot to get the medallion into an AirTag holder, however the medallion is easily dropped from many of the Princess holders since they are only held in with the magnet.

Edited by SiliconCruiser