Searching doesn't work - This community is temporarily unavailable

I sometimes get this error message when trying to search.  Usually in one forum.  Sometimes the whole site.  I usually wait a few minutes as it says.  Is there some way I could revise my searches so they don't get this error?  This one came because I searched for "blu AND menu".

This community is temporarily unavailable

Please wait a few minutes and try again.

On 7/6/2022 at 4:18 PM, zitsky said:

I sometimes get this error message when trying to search.  Usually in one forum.  Sometimes the whole site.  I usually wait a few minutes as it says.  Is there some way I could revise my searches so they don't get this error?  This one came because I searched for "blu AND menu".

This community is temporarily unavailable

Please wait a few minutes and try again.

Contact CC Help Michell for the definitive answer at help@cruisecritic.com from your Cruise Critic email address of record & include your user name. She has taken over CC Help Jenn's job duties. I imagine she will tell you the Invision Community software Cruise Critic uses was in "overload" at the time you clicked ENTER. emo34.gif

I used "blu menu" for a search on the Celebrity Cruises forum using This Forum & All of my search term words along with Content terms and body. Then when the list appeared, on SORT BY I changed Relevancy to Date so the newest would be at the top. There were 138 results.

• Administrators

I'm not Michell <;)> but I'll try and answer.  More than likely this is caused due to traffic to the site, causing access to the server to shut down for a few seconds and returning an unavailable message.  When doing searches the system searches back as far as it can, and it's searching a GREAT deal of content here. 

What I've been doing (and I search a lot) is putting in a date parameter. I usually pick something post-pandemic (relating to the restart of cruising, say sometime last summer).  Things are so different on board now, searching back farther than that will probably result in very old and inaccurate content.

Laura

47 minutes ago, LauraS said:

I'm not Michell <;)> but I'll try and answer.  More than likely this is caused due to traffic to the site, causing access to the server to shut down for a few seconds and returning an unavailable message.  When doing searches the system searches back as far as it can, and it's searching a GREAT deal of content here. 

What I've been doing (and I search a lot) is putting in a date parameter. I usually pick something post-pandemic (relating to the restart of cruising, say sometime last summer).  Things are so different on board now, searching back farther than that will probably result in very old and inaccurate content.

Laura

Ok thank you.  Date parameter?  Not sure how to format.  Should it be something like.

CELEBRITY DANIEL BOULUD 2019-2022?

22 minutes ago, zitsky said:

Ok thank you.  Date parameter?  Not sure how to format.  Should it be something like.

CELEBRITY DANIEL BOULUD 2019-2022?

If you scroll down the search form there are Date Created and Last Updated sections.

Screenshot_20220713-095929_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f0a5f010a22cbfe745baddc94be63a58.jpg