On Odyssey now in Alaska

moggyhill

3 minutes ago, smkessl said:

We are on board too.   It was a rocky first day as far as certain things   You couldn’t reach guest services and certain little things were not up to par. First world problems for sure but for the money you pay to be on board….. things should have been better in terms of a first impression. 

Day 2 and 3 much better in terms of service. 

One disappointment for us: there isn’t really a place to have a nice sit down breakfast. For the money you spend on this line you should have another option other than a buffet or food brought to you from the buffet. Room service is nice but I feel a little cheated in the breakfast department. 

Is the Restaurant closed for breakfast everyday?

Nancy

2 hours ago, smkessl said:

Yes. At least so far. 

Restaurant is closed for breakfast and lunch.

As far as ordering the jackets -- feel free to do so.  However we ordered a small and a 3XL.  What did we get in our cabin a large and a XL.  No issue exchanging but why bother, if they just throw whatever in your cabin.

The service has improved a bit, but a number of the staff in the restaurant left and more will leave in the coming weeks as their 4 month contracts are up.   Staff is friendly and strive to greet people by names.  Last night had a steak and had to ask for a steak knife.  Then received it and OMG had the blade on the wrong side -- just training but who is doing this.  Certainly not the line managers.

Here is the links as to what to pack.  Also contains the link to order your jacket.

https://www.seabourn.com/en_US/luxury-cruise-destinations/alaska-experience-packing-list.html

Edited by PaulMCO
  • Thanks 1

We had breakfast in the Colonnade every morning and always had a sit down breakfast ordered from the menu.   Certain items, fruit juices and fruit, were delivered quickly and we didn’t wait very long for our cooked to order breakfast.   When the restaurant is open, as it was last July, the menu is almost identical.

• Like 2

On 7/9/2022 at 7:24 PM, skybluewaters said:

Good to know.  That will save me space when packing if I don't need to bring a regular winter jacket for our end of September Alaska cruise.

So I guess we don't order the jacket before the cruise?  Just get one on board?

Thanks again!

DH and I will be on the same cruise you are going on.  I have pre-ordered the jacket to be delivered on board (I told DH to order his own, LOL).  I also ordered rental waterproof pants.  I saw no need to buy something like that that I will only use this one time.  Look forward to meeting you on board!

• Thanks 1