Princess.com "Your Account Is Missing Some Information"

beg3yrs

42 minutes ago, erber said:

I tried getting into my booking and it says it has already been claimed....So I bet I am one of those people who now having multiple captain circle numbers...So, I just did an email to start the process for them to delete multiple additional captain circle numbers (if indeed that is part of the problem) and asking them to fix my account so I can log in using my captain circle number that is associated with all my prior 37 cruises. They need to fix this problem. We are not booking any additional cruises on Princess right now. I love Princess but this is ridiculous.

I found a way to use a back door. Go to Princess, but do not attempt to log in. Click on web-based app. Log in there using name, DOB, booking #. Look for your Captain Circle # (can't remember exactly where I found it). Is it the same one on your booking confirmation? DH's has changed. I tried chat, email to Medallion folks and calling the regular CSRs. Nothing fixed. @Steelers36 says to call Princess and choose the "talk to Medallion" fixers. That's my next attempt.

On 8/2/2022 at 10:42 AM, JF - retired RRT said:

HAH!! And I've got a bridge that's for sale...real cheap. Honest. 🤣

So nice to see it was not just me as I was informed by a few agents, like I did something wrong. The other most common statement was well everything is correct on my computer. One laughed when I said they would be able to help me as I quoted the line at the bottom of the page. One said it was because I had not filled in my emergency contact info for another cruise booked in 2023. That one was painful. All in all countless hours on the phone for nothing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, erber said:

I tried getting into my booking and it says it has already been claimed...

Were you attempting to LINK a booking or attempting to login with Confirmation Number/Name/Birthdate?  Do not try to link a booking - not even sure why they have that out there for guests.

I was told that we had multiple accounts (3 for me and 2 for my husband).  I called and asked that the duplicates be deleted.  The representative put the request in motion and told me that we would now be using the oldest/longest passenger number (original assigned number) and the others would go away.  She also assured me that all my credits would remain and I had nothing to worry about.  Guess what, nothing has changed.  Quality Control is definitely not one of Princess' strong points.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

Were you attempting to LINK a booking or attempting to login with Confirmation Number/Name/Birthdate?  Do not try to link a booking - not even sure why they have that out there for guests.

I was able to get into the booking using the booking number, my name, and birthdate. Then I clicked on the web  version link to medallion section and I did try to link booking and it said it was already claimed.

So, I cannot log in the normal way to my account to see any of the captain circle info etc, but I can log into the booking cruise personalizer. I cannot then get into the medallion check in stuff on the web. So it is still a mess.

I sent an email and got the standard "we will get back to you...we are very busy"...we will see what happens.

5 minutes ago, erber said:

I was able to get into the booking using the booking number, my name, and birthdate. Then I clicked on the web  version link to medallion section and I did try to link booking and it said it was already claimed.

So, I cannot log in the normal way to my account to see any of the captain circle info etc, but I can log into the booking cruise personalizer. I cannot then get into the medallion check in stuff on the web. So it is still a mess.

I sent an email and got the standard "we will get back to you...we are very busy"...we will see what happens.

Okay, that is what I suspected.  When you link to the web version of the MC App, DO NOT attempt to link a booking.  Just login with Booking Number/Name/Birthdate and you should be okay.

18 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Okay, that is what I suspected.  When you link to the web version of the MC App, DO NOT attempt to link a booking.  Just login with Booking Number/Name/Birthdate and you should be okay.

I will try that!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Italy52 said:

I was told that we had multiple accounts (3 for me and 2 for my husband).  I called and asked that the duplicates be deleted.  The representative put the request in motion and told me that we would now be using the oldest/longest passenger number (original assigned number) and the others would go away.  She also assured me that all my credits would remain and I had nothing to worry about.  Guess what, nothing has changed.  Quality Control is definitely not one of Princess' strong points.

I was told they'd delete the OLD number. Didn't matter. Nothing changed.

• Thanks 1

I chose cancel and then I get a screen to log in with my user name and password  which sends me back to" link the booking". So I cannot get into the medallion thing via the web but I can get into my personalizer to book excursions etc. Just ridiculous. I will try the medallion app on my phone when I am back home tomorrow (I am on a cruise ship which is NOT Princess at the moment. 🙂 )

Just now, erber said:

I chose cancel and then I get a screen to log in with my user name and password  which sends me back to" link the booking". So I cannot get into the medallion thing via the web but I can get into my personalizer to book excursions etc. Just ridiculous. I will try the medallion app on my phone when I am back home tomorrow (I am on a cruise ship which is NOT Princess at the moment. 🙂 )

Hmmm. Cancel worked for me. Maybe, you used one of the CC #s that generated when you tried to fill out that stupid "your account is missing some info" form.

1 minute ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Hmmm. Cancel worked for me. Maybe, you used one of the CC #s that generated when you tried to fill out that stupid "your account is missing some info" form.

Nothing would surprise me. The only saving grace is my husband's account is fine so we could do all the medallion stuff via him if need be and our next Princess cruise isn't until May! We were going to book one for Feb but chose MSC instead (which has its own internet/website issues! ).

If the Princess people delete additional captain circle numbers which I assume I now have, maybe I'll be able to get into my medallion again.

23 hours ago, John99 said:

I forgot to mention about another IT problem in my previous post.

During my many days of talking to Princess Departments - someone stated that Princess IT Dept is trying to integrate 4 data centers from around the world.  Australia P&O, Europe P&O, Asia Pacific and Americas.  I hope they get this right because their having some problems.  Go figure!

Now whose brilliant idea was it to attempt to create a single point of failure?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I do not get a chance to login to the web - after login to Princess / manage Booking / Web Version. It come up with my name etc. and asks for Booking Number to Link - then says 'already claimed'. I click Logout and login as DW all our info is there, and we are both Green Lane

2 hours ago, erber said:

https://oceanready-personalinfo-ui.prod.ocean.com/

1. Choose ENGLISH.
  2. Scroll down past userid/pswd to "Use Booking Number" in blue.  Click on that.
  3. Type in First Name, Last Name, Booking Number (6-alphanumerics), Birthdate.
  4. Click on "Login with Booking Number".

You should be in now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

I do not get a chance to login to the web - after login to Princess / manage Booking / Web Version. It come up with my name etc. and asks for Booking Number to Link - then says 'already claimed'. I click Logout and login as DW all our info is there, and we are both Green Lane

Again, do not attempt to Link a Booking.  IDK why this "feature" is there, but it is a rabbit hole at the least.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

https://oceanready-personalinfo-ui.prod.ocean.com/

1. Choose ENGLISH.
  2. Scroll down past userid/pswd to "Use Booking Number" in blue.  Click on that.
  3. Type in First Name, Last Name, Booking Number (6-alphanumerics), Birthdate.
  4. Click on "Login with Booking Number".

You should be in now.

I AM IN!!!!! Thank you so much for all the help! I guess I still can't get into my captain circle information, but hopefully somehow that will get resolved! I cannot thank you enough! I am in the GREEN LANE!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Tedferg said:

I do not get a chance to login to the web - after login to Princess / manage Booking / Web Version. It comes up with my name etc. and asks for Booking Number to Link - then says 'already claimed'. I click Logout and login as DW all our info is there, and we are both Green Lane

At that point, I can click "cancel" and it allows me to log in with email & password. Weird, right? Works for some, not for others.

• Like 1

I use my Booking Number web version to access our cruise.   

I LINKED a guest booking (wife) and I think I'm in trouble. 

I wish I read this thread before I linked my wife.

How do you change or cancel the linked booking.

I tried using my wife's name and booking number then it stated "booking already claimed".

I deleted the app and re installed on my smartphone.

The app only shows me and not my wife.

I was Green before now I'm Blue.

Do I call Ocean Ready Dept for help?

Any Ideas would be appreciated.  John

3 minutes ago, John99 said:

I tried using my wife's name and booking number then it stated "booking already claimed".

I am not able to help but want you to know you are not alone. Today after a long hold and being passed on several times to "someone who could help" I was not given any help for my problem. When I try to use web version a stranger's name and birthdate appear. However the good news is that while someone was trying to fix my issue it was discovered that my husband's last name had been removed from his account and replaced by his middle name. He had not tried to log in but would not have been able to . I will try again tomorrow. I am currently booked on 2 other cruise lines and have had great success on their web sites and with customer service. My love affair with Princess is winding down.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, John99 said:

Good luck, John.

Every time those bozos do any updates or tweaks, we lose more functionality.

We cruised in April and had no issues getting the Medallion app set-up and working. Not true anymore. No longer able to log in on the app OR on the web-based version. Totally "dead in the water". Luckily, before they tweaked it to death, I'd gotten almost everything done. At some point, DH's security photo disappeared, guess we'll have to wait until we're at the port to fix it.

Sent another email to Medallion "fixers". One of these mornings, I'm going to call and see if that helps. I'm just waiting for blood pressure to drop a little.

8 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

At that point, I can click "cancel" and it allows me to log in with email & password. Weird, right? Works for some, not for others.

I tried and it lets me login but returns me to the same screen asking for Booking Number to Link. As you say, works for some.

2 hours ago, Tedferg said:

I tried and it lets me login but returns me to the same screen asking for Booking Number to Link. As you say, works for some.

Just got an email from Medallion team. Same day that I sent all my "new" problems. They think they know what the issue is. We had a B2B booked and cancelled one. Both are still showing in their system.

Why that makes a difference IDK. But maybe the correct booking infor will fix it. 🤞

@Tedferg have you cancelled anything?

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, John99 said:

Have you tried the steps in Post #90?  Also, ignore and do not attempt to Link a Booking!!!