Specialty dining help

mugwood

1 minute ago, mugwood said:

Hi, we have booked a 4 night specialty dining package for a November cruise.

Can anyone advise on when I can reserve locations and dates?

thanks in advance.

when you board.

3 minutes ago, mugwood said:

thanks in advance.

According to the Terms -  You can make a courtesy reservation for Night 1 but all others are booked while on the ship.

image.thumb.png.67c3aa0da13ffc3c3a6f4d15cae4841c.png

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, mugwood said:

thanks in advance.

The reason specialty dining packages are discounted is because you're basically limited to what's available after the premium dates and times are already booked.

For a few dollars more, you can make specific reservations for specific dates and times months in advance.

For me, that is a lot of value for not a lot of money.

• Like 2

Oh dear,

i boobed then.

I did cost check separate nights for three bookings, and it was cheaper for single bookings to be honest ,but the four nights was on £4 / $5 more for one night.

will try and cancel and single book.

thanks for putting me straight.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, mugwood said:

Oh dear,

i boobed then.

I did cost check separate nights for three bookings, and it was cheaper for single bookings to be honest ,but the four nights was on £4 / $5 more for one night.

will try and cancel and single book.

thanks for putting me straight.

It's actually not a bad deal at all if you are prepared to be flexible or if you tend to dine rather early or late.  If you are for busy times, though, then you are better doing as you've stated.

When I've booked the dining specialty packages, I made a fast run to the outside of the Oceanview Cafe by the elevators where a dining assistant was waiting to take restaurant reservations.  I had a list of dates, times, and restaurants I wanted to reserve.  He/she was always accommodating and no request was unfilled;  however, we do dine early so maybe easier to book for us.   FYI...The dining room maître d' was usually swamped with persons changing tables, etc, so I learned to try the OC first.

Edited by Oceangoer2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Oceangoer2 said:

When I've booked the dining specialty packages, I made a fast run to the outside of the Oceanview Cafe by the elevators where a dining assistant was waiting to take restaurant reservations.  I had a list of dates, times, and restaurants I wanted to reserve.  He/she was always accommodating and no request was unfilled;  however, we do dine early so maybe easier to book for us.   FYI...The dining room maître d' was usually swamped with persons changing tables, etc, so I learned to try the OC first.

Yep.  Good tip.  Any maître d' can handle specialty dining reservations, so we just go find one who isn't busy.

4 minutes ago, LuAnn said:

Can I book specialty dining reservations for an individual restaurant on line using OBC prior to boarding? Thanks!

Yes. Login and use the Cruise Planner. From there select specialty dining, pick your place and dining time, and at check out you can opt to use your OBC.  

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, LuAnn said:

Can I book specialty dining reservations for an individual restaurant on line using OBC prior to boarding? Thanks!

I originally booked the package and was advised that I couldn’t book before boarding so cancelled and booked three separate and had the option to book now.

what I did find out that there were no slots between 6:30 and 8:00for the venues I wanted and the cruise is six months out.

But happy enough with a selection 6:30 and 8:00s.

Glad I sought the advice of those with more experience.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, mugwood said:

what I did find out that there were no slots between 6:30 and 8:00for the venues I wanted and the cruise is six months out.

But happy enough with a selection 6:30 and 8:00s.

It's my understanding that not all of the slots are made available for booking prior to the cruise.  If you find yourself booked pre-cruise with a time slot that you would like to change, you may still find availability on board.  Follow the advice above and go to any of the dining venues when you board and see if you can make the change.

Enjoy!

• Like 1

On 7/7/2022 at 1:23 PM, mugwood said:

thanks in advance.

With the specialty dining package you get a discount, but you cannot reserved ahead of time, you book when onboard. So if there is a specific restaurant that you are interested in dining at , it might not be available. I rather pay a little more and secure dates and time before the cruise. 

23 hours ago, LuAnn said:

Yes you can, but not with the discounted package. When purchase at regular price you select your restaurant and time as soon they have charged your card. 

• Like 1