IS seven days too long?

The longest that I have ever been on a ship so far is 7 days, but when I push the second baby bird out of the nest at the end of August, I would love to join Patrick (GMoney) on one of his B2B2B cruises!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or, since they won't return until Thanksgiving, maybe I should just cruise from Labor Day to then?!?!?!?!?!? ;) :eek: :) :D

It depends. Most people on these boards love to cruise. Not everyone feels this way. I have friends who hate cruises & do feel trapped & bored. What does your f-i-l enjoy? Are there things on the ship that he likes to do? If not, he may not enjoy himself.

Personally I hate sea days & I would be bored out of my skull on a transatlantic cruise. I would also feel very trapped.

hes a golfer. I thank everyone for your replies though!!

Seven nights is too short! Even after a B2B, I'm not ready to go home. Wish I could stay on a cruise ship long enough to get to the point to actually get homesick. But I have a feeling that day would never come ... I'd just keep cruising on and on and on.

7 days too long?? Are you kidding?? After 4 7-day cruises we did an 11-day last year and now I am totally spoiled for longer cruises. Like the poster above, on the 7th day it felt sooo good to have 4 more days of luxury and leisure to look forward to.

Can't wait for our 12-day Jewel cruise in June, which will follow 3 days touring in London/UK.

Unless you can drive to the port, there is too much $$$, time and hassle involved in flying to the port to justify anything less than 7 days. Even the smaller ships are large enough that nobody should feel antsy--plenty of room to move around and so many activities, besides eating, to occupy your time.

1/02 Explorer E. Carib. 7 days

1/02 Explorer W. Carib 7 days

8/03 Summit Alaska cruise/tour 7+5

2/04 Adventure S. Carib. 7 days

2/05 Galaxy Panama Canal 11 days

6/06 Jewel Brit. Isles/Nor. Fjords 12+3

7 days too long?? Are you kidding?? After 4 7-day cruises we did an 11-day last year and now I am totally spoiled for longer cruises. Like the poster above, on the 7th day it felt sooo good to have 4 more days of luxury and leisure to look forward to.

Can't wait for our 12-day Jewel cruise in June, which will follow 3 days touring in London/UK.

Unless you can drive to the port, there is too much $$$, time and hassle involved in flying to the port to justify anything less than 7 days. Even the smaller ships are large enough that nobody should feel antsy--plenty of room to move around and so many activities, besides eating, to occupy your time.

1/02 Explorer E. Carib. 7 days

1/02 Explorer W. Carib 7 days

8/03 Summit Alaska cruise/tour 7+5

2/04 Adventure S. Carib. 7 days

2/05 Galaxy Panama Canal 11 days

6/06 Jewel Brit. Isles/Nor. Fjords 12+3

Yeah, you see I'm down here in Orlando, and I'm no further that 45 minutes for PC. But, I'm totally behind you guys saying 7 days isn't too long. What is a golf simulator? Anyone know?

I've gone on several 7 night cruises and severl 3 and 4 night cruises. By the time you start to enjoy the cruise and really relax, a 4 night is over, the 3 night you didn't even get started. On our 7 night cruises, we have never been ready to get off the ship.

The answer is no, 7 days is not too long.

7 days is not long enough, but I'll take it if it's the only option. I took an 8-night last year and it was so nice to get to day 7 and have the bonus day. Next up is 9 days.....

The simulator is like a big realistic video game. There is a large screen in a small room. The screen shows the view from the tee, fairway, or where ever your ball may lie. You swing a real club at a real ball and the computer calculates how high,far,fast, and with what spin your ball was hit. You will see the flight of the ball on the screen. Its basically like playing golf without having to walk between shots. Not close enough to truly mimic the real thing, but two or three of you can get several holes in in an hour.

The longest that I have ever been on a ship so far is 7 days, but when I push the second baby bird out of the nest at the end of August, I would love to join Patrick (GMoney) on one of his B2B2B cruises!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or, since they won't return until Thanksgiving, maybe I should just cruise from Labor Day to then?!?!?!?!?!? ;) :eek: :) :D

And I bet we'd have a GREAT time! :)

Our last one was 14 days, and the one before that 10 days, so I am not sure that I will be happy on a 7 dayer anymore. But our next one, even though it is on the Freedom , it is only 7 days , i will just be settling in and then I will have to leave...Whaaa:(

I think for alot of people it depends on the ship & itinerary. If it's a larger ship there is more to do on sea day's, and the ports of call can make or break a cruise sometimes.

But for us 5 is too short. 7 is a minimum, and a 10-14 day or 2 7 days back to back would be heaven. ;)

Sorry, your going to find out that seven is not long enough!!!

I thought that for our first cruise, thought we might get bored!!! I now think nothing could be further from the truth.

After we got back I began reading reviews from people that were on back to backs, than I moved on to voyages that were about 60 days, now I'm into reading world cruise reviews & am so envious!!!

Honestly we have done many great land vacations & what we always enjoyed about it is the control we have had. We always picked great Hotels knowing what to expect. If we were going to go off site we always hired private driver to take us where we wanted to go. I really thought this would be the way we would always go but now I have to say It will be a long time before we go back to a land vacation! I am so looking forward to exploring all types of cruises & cruise ships!!!

I agree with most of the posters - the longer the better- but...........I personally do not like more than two sea days in a row. I like to be on the go with a day or so to recoup and start again.

Enjoy your cruise, I think that you F-I-L will be fine.

7 Days Is Not Long Enough, My Family And I Are Going On An 8 Day On The Jewel Of The Seas And I Felt Like I Was Just Getting In To A Groove After The 6th Day And Then It All Came To An End, So I Know 8 Days Is Going To Sit Just Right And Hope It Don't Leave Me Wanting For More.

I was on the Mariner in October with a computer desperate husband and two easily bored kids. No one wanted to go home except to get the other two kids and come back. It was great. We were never bored and did different things all the time. It is not too long and you will wonder where the time went.

Archived