Paradise Beach Question

juniperjen

My family is planning on spending a day at Paradise Beach in August. I have a question. 
I know there is an option to just pay the entry fee or to do the all inclusive option. Can two members of your party do the all inclusive and two do the cheaper entry fee? 
It would not be cost effective for me and my youngest daughter to do the all inclusive, but my husband and teenaged daughter would like the unlimited food/drinks.

Thank you for the information.

We went to Paradise Beach on 6/30 and did the AI with our entire family of 8.  We made the reservation ahead of time and were glad we did because they were not accepting walk ins.  The taxi wouldn't even take you if you did not have a reservation.

There were only 4 ships in port that day but I think Paradise Beach is still limiting their capacity.  It was very crowded when we got there at 11:30 but emptied out by 3:30.  We enjoyed it immensely and felt it was worth the money.

All the members in the group must do the AI. They only take 55 people a day. If you just want to show up and do a la cart, they said to call that date to check availability. If you need more info, you can email them from their website. That is what I did. Paradisebeachcozumel.com

31 minutes ago, gambler said:

All the members in the group must do the AI. They only take 55 people a day. If you just want to show up and do a la cart, they said to call that date to check availability. If you need more info, you can email them from their website. That is what I did. Paradisebeachcozumel.com

55 people for what - PAYG limit? - certainly not total occupancy.

There are some strange reports coming out of Paradise Beach these days between limiting capacity and yet fully booked and very busy. I know they are certainly pushing AI these days but I am fairly certain when they first introduced AI they did allow mixed groups with different wrist bands, unlike Mr Sanchos.

It makes economic sense to deter sharing although unlike Sanchos areas are not segregated by pass status so there is really nothing to stop groups checking in separately unless they pounce on you as soon as you exit the taxi now?

We rarely go to Paradise Beach unless we have kids with us. The facilites are very good but we have always found it to be very busy, with loungers too close together for our liking and tourist prices. 

Edited by c-leg5

Sorry, typo. Max of 550 people per day. They will only offer a la cart if space is available. Check to see how many ships are in port that day. They are full the next two Thursdays. 4 ships this Thursday and 5 next Thursday.

On 7/11/2022 at 5:17 PM, c-leg5 said:

55 people for what - PAYG limit? - certainly not total occupancy.

There are some strange reports coming out of Paradise Beach these days between limiting capacity and yet fully booked and very busy. I know they are certainly pushing AI these days but I am fairly certain when they first introduced AI they did allow mixed groups with different wrist bands, unlike Mr Sanchos.

It makes economic sense to deter sharing although unlike Sanchos areas are not segregated by pass status so there is really nothing to stop groups checking in separately unless they pounce on you as soon as you exit the taxi now?

We rarely go to Paradise Beach unless we have kids with us. The facilites are very good but we have always found it to be very busy, with loungers too close together for our liking and tourist prices. 

Where do you go if you are not doing paradise beach?

1 hour ago, carbon said:

We have been visiting Cozumel for 20 years, first by cruise ship and in recent years for extended land visits consequently we have a list of favorites dependent on our mood, how long we want to stay and ages of our travel companions and the activities we require. We have been to many - not all beach clubs, hotels and bars around the island.

If you give some idea of what you are looking for I might be able to make some suggestions - AI/PAYG, pool, beach/sandy area, snorkeling, willing to travel, quiet/ lively, kids?

Edited by c-leg5

14 hours ago, carbon said:

If you want a similar beach club to Paradise beach, you have the next three spots dpwn the road, Mr.Sanchos for the partiers. Playa Mia for the kids, Nachi Cocum for a more peaceful beach day.

You also have Money Bar, chankanaab park and many other beach experiences.

Snorkeling, dolphin experiences, mayan ruins, etc.

Cozumel is one of the best ports for a wide variety of experiences, readily available, and easy to do without a cruise ship excusion.

13 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

We have been visiting Cozumel for 20 years, first by cruise ship and in recent years for extended land visits consequently we have a list of favorites dependent on our mood, how long we want to stay and ages of our travel companions and the activities we require. We have been to many - not all beach clubs, hotels and bars around the island.

If you give some idea of what you are looking for I might be able to make some suggestions - AI/PAYG, pool, beach/sandy area, snorkeling, willing to travel, quiet/ lively, kids?

we have been to Cozumel several times and have done the following..

Paradise Beach 4X

BarHop  Tour of the far side of the island

Salsa salsa and margarita tour (son and girlfriend won best dance couple).😀

Shopping downtown.

Chankanaab park

I love the water, beach and pool. A few beers and some good Guacamole and I'm happy.

PAYG probable makes more sense for us.

The closer the better.

Edited by carbon

We were able to do Paradise Beach PAYG in April, a spring break cruise. I would suggest calling before you go and having a backup plan in case they are full with AI customers. Their website also states if they know in advance that they'll be sold out.

If you're unable to call, I'd suggest checking at the port to see if they have room. Our cab driver tried to scam us once we were in the car and starting to drive - he told us that Paradise Beach was full for the day and we should go to this other place. We didn't listen to him and Paradise Beach was almost totally empty once we got there, so try to get your information before getting in your taxi!

• Thanks 1

On 7/13/2022 at 12:44 PM, carbon said:

we have been to Cozumel several times and have done the following..

Paradise Beach 4X

BarHop  Tour of the far side of the island

Salsa salsa and margarita tour (son and girlfriend won best dance couple).😀

Shopping downtown.

Chankanaab park

I love the water, beach and pool. A few beers and some good Guacamole and I'm happy.

PAYG probable makes more sense for us.

The closer the better.

OK it appears you have been around the island and have quite a good knowledge already.

You seem to have the similar priorities to me - pool, beach, ocean and PAYG, and maybe quieter? Whilst all are available on Cozumel it is difficult to find them all in one place which is why we like to “ring the changes” and on any one day you have to compromise with 3/4 out of 5!

I like to look at the ocean but swim in a pool! Beach clubs with pools are limited (Sanchos, Paradise Beach, Uvas, Playa Mia, Buccanos, Playa Azul, Nachi Cocom, Del Mar Latino, No Name Bar and a couple of northern beach clubs I have never been to) and pools are more often found at hotels with day passes. Of course many times an AI Pass is needed or there is no sandy beach. 

From the ship recently we have been going to Del Mar Latino primarily for the price and convenience (no transport costs) and save the other places for land visits. Del Mar has no sandy beach but does have step access for snorkeling. Service,  price, clean facilities and pool are excellent. Unfortunately food choices ( unlimited snacks/small plates) although good have been severely cut back during the last year - sign of the times. It is AI but only $39pp, which is basically a return taxi fare to most other places. It is small, adult-only and has no activities. It used to be quiet but is becoming more and more popular so it depends on guests on any given day!

Places without a pool that  I like  include La Monina, Hemingway’s, Sky Reef, Palancar and several bars on the east side, not all visited on the Bar Hop. Sometimes a private driver for the day is a good idea for visiting some other bars, or include a local restaurant.  We have done private bar hopping on east coast and also bars along the coast between Palancar and Money Bar (Albertos, Sky Reef Playa Corona, Money Bar) south of the ports, just to test out places for future day visits. 

I like Buccanos, Playa Azul, La Monina (Happy Hour 12-5 but small rocky shoreline below restaurant) and Hemingway’s north of town but object to Buccanos pricing for cruisers and not sure La Monina or Hemingway’s warrant the taxi fare from International or  Puerta Maya, unless you are combining with something else like shopping/museum in town.

For something completely different from what you say you have done I highly recommend the Cozumel Food tour (more food, just what you need while cruising!) and Cooking with Josefina, or maybe one of the food truck locations that have developed since the pandemic with a collection of local food stalls. Also a day at Punta Sur, again you need a driver.

Hope that gives you the names of some places to check out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

OK it appears you have been around the island and have quite a good knowledge already.

You seem to have the similar priorities to me - pool, beach, ocean and PAYG, and maybe quieter? Whilst all are available on Cozumel it is difficult to find them all in one place which is why we like to “ring the changes” and on any one day you have to compromise with 3/4 out of 5!

I like to look at the ocean but swim in a pool! Beach clubs with pools are limited (Sanchos, Paradise Beach, Uvas, Playa Mia, Buccanos, Playa Azul, Nachi Cocom, Del Mar Latino, No Name Bar and a couple of northern beach clubs I have never been to) and pools are more often found at hotels with day passes. Of course many times an AI Pass is needed or there is no sandy beach. 

From the ship recently we have been going to Del Mar Latino primarily for the price and convenience (no transport costs) and save the other places for land visits. Del Mar has no sandy beach but does have step access for snorkeling. Service,  price, clean facilities and pool are excellent. Unfortunately food choices ( unlimited snacks/small plates) although good have been severely cut back during the last year - sign of the times. It is AI but only $39pp, which is basically a return taxi fare to most other places. It is small, adult-only and has no activities. It used to be quiet but is becoming more and more popular so it depends on guests on any given day!

Places without a pool that  I like  include La Monina, Hemingway’s, Sky Reef, Palancar and several bars on the east side, not all visited on the Bar Hop. Sometimes a private driver for the day is a good idea for visiting some other bars, or include a local restaurant.  We have done private bar hopping on east coast and also bars along the coast between Palancar and Money Bar (Albertos, Sky Reef Playa Corona, Money Bar) south of the ports, just to test out places for future day visits. 

I like Buccanos, Playa Azul, La Monina (Happy Hour 12-5 but small rocky shoreline below restaurant) and Hemingway’s north of town but object to Buccanos pricing for cruisers and not sure La Monina or Hemingway’s warrant the taxi fare from International or  Puerta Maya, unless you are combining with something else like shopping/museum in town.

For something completely different from what you say you have done I highly recommend the Cozumel Food tour (more food, just what you need while cruising!) and Cooking with Josefina, or maybe one of the food truck locations that have developed since the pandemic with a collection of local food stalls. Also a day at Punta Sur, again you need a driver.

Hope that gives you the names of some places to check out.

Thank you for the extensive information. Looks like I have some research to do.

• 1 month later...
On 7/16/2022 at 11:59 AM, Purvis1231 said:

We visited Cozumel a few weeks ago when 6 ships were in port.  We called when docking to see if they had any availability for pay as you go customers- they did not. 

Thanks to all posters on this thread.  This is disappointing for us, as we've always chosen the PAYG option at PB when we arrived there.  Their grounds and facilities are so clean, and the staff is wonderful! Like everything else these days, it's becoming more difficult to do. Last time we visited was just before COVID - no problems at all.  

18 hours ago, aggiemom11 said:

So Buccanos has separate pricing for cruisers?    I had read this but their website only says they charge $8 and it is applied to consumption.  So confused! 

Since this has nothing to do  with Paradise Beach you would probably get better responses by starting a new thread.

This has certainly been the policy for a number of years, which is why I won’t  visit Buccanos  on a cruise ship visit on principle. I don’t need to pay for snorkeling equipment I don’t require and I prefer to have ny admission fee credited to my food and beverage although I thought the base fee was $10 or 200 pesos? I see the website now has the one charge listed - perhaps they have come to their senses.

Of course as long as you don’t have cruise ship parafernalia, including towel, you could probably claim to be staying at a hotel or condo when asked in the car park.

As much as I enjoy Buccanos, it can get very busy with ship excursions, and I am just as happy with Playa Azul next door but one if they create a problem.

Edited by c-leg5