Current 60% off sale

superduper123

2 hours ago, elliekate said:

Jealous! We are Raleigh natives but have lived in Texas for over 40 years! We like to visit every year to get our beach, barbecue and CharGrill fix🍔 🏖 🐷  We have a Broughton reunion in October!

The CharGrill downtown is being torn down!

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/article263054603.html

1 hour ago, sherylc said:

Has anyone been able to get a reprice when there are no cabins available in the same category? My travel agent said she couldn't reprice my cruise with the latest sale because all concierge cabins were already booked (everything balcony and up is booked). Wondering if she is telling me the truth or just not wanting to call.

I had this situation on a sailing where others on my roll call were having their suites repriced when all suites were sold out.  My TA was unable to see prices as there were no cabins available.  He called a couple of times and was told no.   Eventually providing "evidence" from others on the roll call he was able to get Celebrity to do it.

I wouldn't blame the TA.  I really don't think you should be able to do it.  It appears that some CVP's will though.

Think about it, why should they reduce prices or add perks when they have already sold all the cabins of the category?

37 minutes ago, sbcs5390 said:

I think everyone I know is getting hot glass sculptures and Celebrity bathrobes for Christmas this year!

Last (northern hemisphere) fall, we did two Alaska cruises, one on Celebrity, and one on Princess. Everything went right on X, much went wrong on Princess. We missed 3 of our 4 ports, due to weather (they were sailing much later than normal, in their efforts to get back to cruising). Each time we slowed down or lost a port, Princess threw OBC at us. We ended up with a ridiculous amount! They also put all Alaska merch on a 75% off sale, as it was the last AK cruise of the season (and last since 2019).

We bought 4 Princess AK jackets, a bunch of Princess AK mugs, shot glasses, a couple of bottles of good booze, etc. AND a Princess collapsable rolling suitcase to carry them home in. My over 21 kids enjoyed the shot glasses, and all enjoyed the mugs and jackets. Christmas was so easy!!! We had an extra night of specialty dining, too. 

Princess also gave us a 35% FCC based on the low fare we had paid. That went toward our circumnavigation of Australia in October of next year. Between FCCs, gift card bonus offers, and gift cards received as actual gifts when PapaFej retired, we are paying about $0.37/$1.00 fare on that cruise.

I salute you for your creative Christmas shopping!!!

• Like 1

At the risk of casusing strife: I have had the very good fortune to visit every US state at least 2 times, most 6 or more, many a dozen or more times.

I have had excellent food in both NC and TX, I have had far more superb food in NC than in TX, even though I've been to TX more times.

Carry on.

11 hours ago, elliekate said:

Jealous! We are Raleigh natives but have lived in Texas for over 40 years! We like to visit every year to get our beach, barbecue and CharGrill fix🍔 🏖 🐷  We have a Broughton reunion in October!

They are about to flatten CharGrill on Hillsborough St. Make room for a new condo but CharGrill will be on the bottom level of the condo.  Oops, I see that someone posted the story now.

Edited by NC State

11 hours ago, MamaFej said:

At the risk of casusing strife: I have had the very good fortune to visit every US state at least 2 times, most 6 or more, many a dozen or more times.

I have had excellent food in both NC and TX, I have had far more superb food in NC than in TX, even though I've been to TX more times.

Carry on.

I am on the fence about that but more on your side of the fence! I love NC food too!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NC State said:

They are about to flatten CharGrill on Hillsborough St. Make room for a new condo but CharGrill will be on the bottom level of the condo.  Oops, I see that someone posted the story now.

I just saw that post! It just won’t be the same! We lived in Country Club Homes when we were first married and I understand that the same is happening there.

13 hours ago, sherylc said:

Has anyone been able to get a reprice when there are no cabins available in the same category? My travel agent said she couldn't reprice my cruise with the latest sale because all concierge cabins were already booked (everything balcony and up is booked). Wondering if she is telling me the truth or just not wanting to call.

I called Celebrity directly yesterday and was able to reprice my sunset veranda even though there were no SV's available. The price was $2 less but I did get $800 in onboard credit. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sherylc said:

I called Celebrity directly yesterday and was able to reprice my sunset veranda even though there were no SV's available. The price was $2 less but I did get $800 in onboard credit.