WOS Barcelona embarkation

Those that have sailed from Barcelona. What is the earliest you can board the ship? The earliest option when completing on-line check in was 1pm. But I have heard people who board earlier than that. Not flying in on boarding day

Edited by Cruiscs

14 minutes ago, Cruiscs said:

Those that have sailed from Barcelona. What is the earliest you can board the ship? The earliest option when completing on-line check in was 1pm. But I have heard people who board earlier than that. Not flying in on boarding day

If you got 1pm then go at 1pm.  There will be people that got an earlier time then you.   They may let you check in before your time.   But you don’t know for sure, and you are given a time for a reason.   It’s not really fair to those who say got an 11:30 time, if everyone else gets in line with them.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Canadianmama3 said:

If you got 1pm then go at 1pm.  There will be people that got an earlier time then you.   They may let you check in before your time.   But you don’t know for sure, and you are given a time for a reason.   It’s not really fair to those who say got an 11:30 time, if everyone else gets in line with them.  

Thanks. First time cruiser here so appriciate all input

14 minutes ago, Preziosa said:

I would Go early. If They let you board early it would Be a shame not to to Be there. We have always board early and No one did stop us. You have also payed for the first Day. Have a great Cruise. 

Im just a little bit worried as we have purchased dining package and are afraid it will be fully booked before we board. Same about shows etc… 

would be great to hear from people that have actually boarded in Barcelona if the boarding times are suggestions or enforced

6 minutes ago, Cruiscs said:

Im just a little bit worried as we have purchased dining package and are afraid it will be fully booked before we board. Same about shows etc… 

would be great to hear from people that have actually boarded in Barcelona if the boarding times are suggestions or enforced

We were at the terminal before our allocated  time,  sat at a little café  just  before the terminal  and a member of  the check in staff  told us go  and just check in.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cruiscs said:

No checking or enforcement of any arrival appointments times when I boarded in Barcelona 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cruiscs said:

We’re just back from WOS. The earliest available to us was 11am to 11:30am. We selected the next window (11:30 to 12). As others have said there was no checking of time slots when we boarded. The ship is currently sailed well below capacity and check in wasn’t busy when we went through. 

• Like 1

I would go earlier, remember this cruise does inter-porting for boarding. Not the whole ship is getting off and on in Barcelona, some people will be getting off and boarding in Rome. So it won't be anything like a whole ship getting on and off on the same day.

Going early should not be an issue.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Cruiscs said:

Thanks! I forgot to mention that this is a «wellness check». Guess it is the same as boarding time?

There is no wellness check! You tick a few boxes in the app the day before and they ask you at the port whether anything has changed with your health in the past 24 hrs. That’s it!