OnPoint testing vs RapidTestAndTrace

Anyone have any reason why we should use OnPoint testing or RapidTestAndTrace testing for our August cruise?  It seems like either one would suffice but if anyone has any reason why to use one over the other I would like to hear about it.  OnPoint testing is currently $5 less per test but that is the only difference I see between the two of them.

I have no personal experience to share yet, but in reading posts here and on "other" forums, it seems that OnPoint is a bit disorganized, and their proctors can be hard to understand.  I have yet to hear of anyone saying they were turned away at boarding when using either of these with a negative test result.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, rudeney said:

I have no personal experience to share yet, but in reading posts here and on "other" forums, it seems that OnPoint is a bit disorganized, and their proctors can be hard to understand.  I have yet to hear of anyone saying they were turned away at boarding when using either of these with a negative test result.  

That's pretty much my take, also from reading, not doing. OnPoint also asks for some additional info (although you can decline to share it apparently) and asks you to sign up with some sort of portal on another website.

Live chat customer service with RT&T went very well for me on multiple occasions so, in addition to the above, I reluctantly spent the extra $5pp for them (I'm as frugal as it gets, lol). Will be testing with them Wednesday morning.

4 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

That's pretty much my take, also from reading, not doing. OnPoint also asks for some additional info (although you can decline to share it apparently) and asks you to sign up with some sort of portal on another website.

Live chat customer service with RT&T went very well for me on multiple occasions so, in addition to the above, I reluctantly spent the extra $5pp for them (I'm as frugal as it gets, lol). Will be testing with them Wednesday morning.

Thank you for your response.  I have been trying to contact OnPoint via their chat and have been holding for a representative for 35 minutes now.  When i went on to the RT&T chat I got a response in about 5 minutes.  I think I will also use RapidTestandTrace.

16 minutes ago, rudeney said:

Thank you for your response.  I had not heard that about OnPoints proctors but their phone line and chat line have very long waiting periods before you get anyone.

We used On Point for our last cruise and had no issues. The test was easy as we could all do it in one 15 minute block and they gave us results both online and a PDF. We used a print out of the online results which didn't look as professional as the PDF, but it had all the information. The PDF actually lacked the CLIA number.

I have seen other posts on here as well that the print out from the website has worked fine for On Point.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2022 at 7:38 PM, drb116 said:

We used On Point for our last cruise and had no issues. The test was easy as we could all do it in one 15 minute block and they gave us results both online and a PDF. We used a print out of the online results which didn't look as professional as the PDF, but it had all the information. The PDF actually lacked the CLIA number.

I have seen other posts on here as well that the print out from the website has worked fine for On Point.

Thanks for posting this. I did a trial run for one of my kids with onpoint yesterday. I was concerned to see the pdf did not have the clia number, but noticed the portal did. You think I’m good if I print both of we use them for the cruise? Thanks 

6 minutes ago, Jgoodall08 said:

Thanks for posting this. I did a trial run for one of my kids with onpoint yesterday. I was concerned to see the pdf did not have the clia number, but noticed the portal did. You think I’m good if I print both of we use them for the cruise? Thanks 

You’re good without a CLIA number at all (just boarded Indy without one from RT&T) but sure, print both, no downside. Whatever makes you most comfortable.

• Like 1

Had posted our experience with OnPoint earler.

Staff is easy to understand and are very professional.

Certain people just find it difficult to deal with people who dont look and sound like themselves.

But I cannot recommend OnPoint based on our experience. (one case is not statistically significant and YMMV)

Issues:

1. They use yet another company to issue paperwork. (not a big deal when everything goes smoothly)

2. That other company website, asks for lot more information than necessary but you can just decline giving any information.

3. There is no easy customer service of any kind (email, text or phone). Not at all an issue if everything goes fine.  But when it does not, the only solution is to pay for another test and get the person on the zoom to basically solve the issue rather than doing test.

They messed up date/time on our report rendering the whole circus pointless. Test was scheduled for 12.15 AM to meet he "2 days" deadline. It was like 4 AM by the time everything was resolved.

I would suggest using the other company that is not OnPoint based on our first hand experience.

• Thanks 1

On 7/11/2022 at 7:38 PM, drb116 said:

This was our experience as well. I needed to contact then because I didn't receive the schedule email. I had some one on the phone in minutes. He stayed on the line until I had completed the schedule process. Our proctor was very nice and easy to communicate with. All docs were sent via email PDF

No problems at check in.

• Thanks 1