NCL Introduces new "Free At Sea Plus" Packages

Seems really interesting packages. I also like that us solo travellers have been thought separately. Will save money on my next cruise since was planning to have Premium Plus, upgraded internet and additional specialty dining as well. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ItsWani said:

Where did you find this? Can't find any information about this anywhere else. 🤔

I haven't either; I used their chat function and said you'd have to call them to have it added on.

(And to the OP -- Roll Tide!)

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

So...that's essentially $100 more per couple, per day. That means for our upcoming 16 day TA, that would be an extra $1,600 for us. Not a bargain, by any stretch of the imagination.

For my upcoming Encore cruise, if I log into MyNCL it tells me that I would have to pay an extra $243.60 to upgrade my drink package, an extra $49.93 to upgrade my wifi package, and an extra $106.80 to add 2 more meals to my meal package...a total of $400.33.

This new deal only would cost me $294.00 for the same additional benefits. A savings of over 26%, which, IMHO should qualify as a bargain.

What are the numbers you see for your cruise?

• Like 4

What exactly does it mean “ a variety of beverages by the glass”?  We like wine and speciality drinks like Pina Coladas etc. 

$98 per day per couple to upgrade seems like a lot for our 11 night cruise. Additional $1100.  Doesn’t seem worth it. 

I believe my TA must’ve been running a special because my quote states 3 speciality dinings and we’re in an ocean view which NCL states only one speciality dining per stateroom

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

For my upcoming Encore cruise, if I log into MyNCL it tells me that I would have to pay an extra $243.60 to upgrade my drink package, an extra $49.93 to upgrade my wifi package, and an extra $106.80 to add 2 more meals to my meal package...a total of $400.33.

This new deal only would cost me $294.00 for the same additional benefits. A savings of over 26%, which, IMHO should qualify as a bargain.

What are the numbers you see for your cruise?

I don't know and I'm not going to waste time calculating it, especially since we wouldn't even really want most of the "upgrades"...except maybe the extra specialty dining, which we can buy for far less than $1600.

• Like 1

This is awesome if you have a port intensive cruise (like I do in Europe) and are doing excursions through the cruise line, and were going to upgrade some of the other things anyway.

I'll have to chat into NCL tonight and ask about it.  What will be annoying is how much of a pain in the ass it'll be to get my money back on all the excursions lol.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

I don't know and I'm not going to waste time calculating it, especially since we wouldn't even really want most of the "upgrades"...except maybe the extra specialty dining, which we can buy for far less than $1600.

Sorry, but if you don't know and you won't even effort to understand the numbers, I don't see how you can say "Not a bargain, by any stretch of the imagination." It could very well be a HUGE bargain and you don't even realize it because you're looking at only one single item in the package (extra specialty dining) and using a rounded-up cost ($1600) to make a flawed comparison.

• Like 5

This does look like it could be a good deal in certain circumstances, but I do have to laugh a bit at the name - "Free at Sea - PLUS"...

So, while "Free at Sea" is a good deal, it isn't really free if you take the drink package and/or the specialty restaurants, Now with "Free at Sea Plus" it is even more not free...🙃🙃🙃

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

18 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

Sorry, but if you don't know and you won't even effort to understand the numbers, I don't see how you can say "Not a bargain, by any stretch of the imagination." It could very well be a HUGE bargain and you don't even realize it because you're looking at only one single item in the package (extra specialty dining) and using a rounded-up cost ($1600) to make a flawed comparison.

Sorry to disappoint you,...and I rounded up by $32. How naughty of me...

Apparently you missed the part where I said we wouldn't even really be interested in most of the so-called upgrades. The WIFI on NCL is crappy, so why would I want more of it? We don't book excursions through NCL, so that "benefit" is worthless to us. We already have the Premium beverage package...don't need any "upgrade". As I said the only thing we would want is the extra dining nights...but not at that price. Why pay $1,600 (excuse me, $1,568) for stuff we don't even want? Hence the statement that it's not a bargain (to us) at any price.

Edited by schmoopie17
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

anyone know if the quoted price includes the gratuities?  Or will it be an additional 20%

or if the Terms and Conditions are posted anywhere, which would spell out if there are additional gratuities 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

I just booked the upgrade.  The gratuities didn't change.

Thanks.  I've been thinking about upgrading the drink package, which is about $35 per day (i'm traveling solo).  So for $7 per day more, I can get this upgrade.  I'd basically be paying $50 for a couple more dinners and unlimited internet (on a 7 night cruise).

• Like 1

so is that 2 additional dinners per person, or per cabin? Hubby and I have OBC and were going to go Premium Plus on the first day anyway so this is definitely a good value for us, we'd make up the difference in price just with the unlimited internet alone. We were considering adding additional meals since we are on a 10 day cruise, I'm just not clear with the verbiage on the chart

• Like 1

1 hour ago, schmoopie17 said:

Sorry to disappoint you,...and I rounded up by $32. How naughty of me...

Apparently you missed the part where I said we wouldn't even really be interested in most of the so-called upgrades. The WIFI on NCL is crappy, so why would I want more of it? We don't book excursions through NCL, so that "benefit" is worthless to us. We already have the Premium beverage package...don't need any "upgrade". As I said the only thing we would want is the extra dining nights...but not at that price. Why pay $1,600 (excuse me, $1,568) for stuff we don't even want? Hence the statement that it's not a bargain (to us) at any price.

Well, that is a nice list of caveats, but you waited until AFTER you made the declaration (based on no numbers) to provide them. It would have been clearer had you provided the relevant information up front instead of parsing it out little by little. 

Besides, if you're only interested in ONE thing, it really makes no sense for you to comment on the value of the entire package at all...value in this, or any other, package comes from those who are interested in the entire package, not just one small part.

• Like 4