MoveUp Webpage Changed

5waldos

Is it just on my computer or has the web page for move up bids changed? I went to check and see what the current status was and all I can see is that bids have been received. No pending or expired. The old page (if indeed it has been changed) provided a lot more information. Is there another way to access MU to see the old page?

I just checked mine for 3 cruises coming up in August.    I used the link confirming my bid and brings me to a page showing all bids -   When I click modify it shows both the current bid and pending for all of them. but had to do it individually.

If I recall it has been that way for the past couple weeks.

I have found if you log into your account on Celebrity website, go to Manage Reservation, scroll down page, and you will see the MOVE UP opportunity.  Click on this and it will show you pending or otherwise.  Two of mine are pending with no opportunity to modify.  One is showing pending with an opportunity to modify.  We sail on July 24, and my feeling is none will be accepted.  Good luck to you!

7 hours ago, FlorenceItaly said:

I have found if you log into your account on Celebrity website, go to Manage Reservation, scroll down page, and you will see the MOVE UP opportunity.  Click on this and it will show you pending or otherwise.  Two of mine are pending with no opportunity to modify.  One is showing pending with an opportunity to modify.  We sail on July 24, and my feeling is none will be accepted.  Good luck to you!

When I go in using the Manage Reservation like you it shows one as pending but the other two as pending and can't modified or cancelled.    If I go in using the link from the original confirmation I can modify or cancel all of them .  

15 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

When I go in using the Manage Reservation like you it shows one as pending but the other two as pending and can't modified or cancelled.    If I go in using the link from the original confirmation I can modify or cancel all of them .  

Same with me when using the link from the original confirmation.  I am losing hope as the days go by, lol.

4 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

Same with me when using the link from the original confirmation.  I am losing hope as the days go by, lol.

Don't give up.    They will notify you 48 hours before when boarding time begins if offered wasn't eligible.    

I got a surprise on a recent cruise when I got a call 10 hours before boarding that we had been given a Gratis Upgrade to a RS.   The person who had it tested positive and they had already closed the ships manifest.    We had to get on ship with our original boarding pass and hand write or new room on tags.     Mostly worked but our tv had theri names written on it instead of ours and sometimes problem with reservations-   It seems to think that all four of us were in the room.

• Thanks 1

The website that I can access has reverted to what had been normal not long ago, although reversed- I have to click on a bid to get to the page which shows the pending or expired bids. And FlorenceItaly- I am feeling the same way although as I look at availability, there are still a lot of cabins open.  

Jim, thanks for the encouragement.  At one time two were showing expired and the other Pending, unable to modify, but, this changed about two weeks ago.  I will say in the future I will not book Bermuda until after final payment.  I should have known better.  I am in an OV, and there were some very, very low flash sale prices with on-line TA's.  I tell myself you win some, you lose some, and I lost, LOL.  I booked after the cruise with confidence date that would allow OBC for price drops.  We are happy with our current cabin as it is one we have stayed in many times.

@5waldos- if you are showing lots of availability I think you have hope.  From what I can tell mine is pretty much sold out.  Best wishes, and please keep us posted.  Enjoy your fabulous ALASKA Cruise.  ALASKA is very special.

Don't give up hope yet. About a week ago all Aqua and Concierge cabins were showing as booked, although there were a number of the standard balconies available. Then suddenly a couple of days ago, both A and C opened up with a lot of open cabins. I simply don't believe that that many people booked and then canceled this close to sailing and in such a short period of time so I am blaming it on web issues. But I do agree as the trip get closer- now 7 days- hope is waning. 

And thanks- looking forward to Alaska- I have been numerous times in the past but it will be a first cruise and first trip to Alaska for my sister in law. It will also be my first step away from home since March 13 2020 when we were shut in with CoVid so I am very excited to be traveling again. 

• Like 1