Norwegian Air

clojacks

Does anyone have any advice on if they would use Norwegian Air? Is the second guest free offer legitimate? We have occasionally used Celebrity's Choice Air for International travel, but not domestic, and it worked very favorable for us on International? This would be domestic travel, flying to Fort Lauderdale and back to MSP from Los Angeles.

Browse back over the last few pages of threads, or leverage the search function and you will find MANY, MANY threads on this covering various aspects of the program.  A single search won't get all the results, "BOGO airfare", "perk airfare", and other terms would get you different threads on the topic.

Here's the first result, from page 3 of threads (ok, I guess you need to go  LITTLE deeper than "the last few pages"), asking the exact same question as you.

Something to consider - the BOGO promo is VERY different from the NCL Premium Air service.  I imagine the Celebrity option you mention is more akin to the NCL Premium Air service.

LOTS of pros and cons to this topic.  And only you can decide how those match up to your desires/needs/preferences.  Read the many threads on this topic already posted.  You need to read the details of them to fully grasp what some people experience and how that COULD impact you.  

Bottom line is, yes, it is a legitimate offer.  But you need to study the details and read up on it before deciding if it is a fit for you.

My own personal assessment is that I won't likely ever use the service.  I prefer to fully control all of my flight decisions.  I may indeed pay more for this control.  I understand that.  Others may feel differently.

Edited by MeHeartCruising

I will use their air but also deviate a day or two so that I have more of a guarantee of getting to the ship on time.  For the two of us to fly to Greece from Boston it is 1100 using NCL.  For the two of us to fly to San Juan - 600.  Those are very cheap fares.  I will let you know how my flights to Greece go.  We are stopping in Rome on the way and non-stop from Athens on the way home.  We used them to fly to San Juan right before COVID.  Five of us in two rooms and we were all on the same flights from Boston and home from San Juan.  I think that was just luck.  

2 hours ago, clojacks said:

Does anyone have any advice on if they would use Norwegian Air? Is the second guest free offer legitimate? We have occasionally used Celebrity's Choice Air for International travel, but not domestic, and it worked very favorable for us on International? This would be domestic travel, flying to Fort Lauderdale and back to MSP from Los Angeles.

It seems to be hit or miss. We used it last October on our Bliss cruise, we requested a 1 day deviation flying in. We were assigned direct Delta flights, we got in at 5PM the day before and left at 3PM on the way home, we were very happy.

We travel with friends.  We have never taken this offer from any cruise line.  Our friends have taken the offer (which can be cancelled up to final payment) and are monitoring the prices to Lisbon.  We have not taken the offer and, for this trip, if we take different flights - so be it.  While I am looking at prices of flights, I am taking into consideration the pricing of our cabin class and theirs.

I have read what I would consider horror stories of multiple flights (instead of the most direct flights) or very long layovers, and also flights being changed (including carrier) up until almost flight day - making personal cabin upgrades a nightmare.

I have also read of very successful flight arrangements.

For our friends' flights, as of today, the cost of two tickets to Lisbon is only about $150pp more expensive.