Extra night in London-help!

hsheffield

My TA was able to resolve the name problem only by having SS give her permission to work with BA directly because SS agents are not allowed to call or communicate with airlines other than to make reservations, changes, and to issue tickets.  They cannot call the airlines and refused to do so in our case.  It took my TA almost all of yesterday to fix a simple name mistake and she didn’t make a penny on the air portion of the cruise.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Gourmet Gal said:

It took my TA almost all of yesterday to fix a simple name mistake and she didn’t make a penny on the air portion of the cruise.  

That's a sign of an excellent travel agent, as I am sure you are aware.  

• Like 1

OK, I've given up on getting better connections. No amount of wheedling on my part has changed anything (short of paying +$5000...)

I'm expecting to miss my flight from FRA to Dulles (1 hr connection, flight is only on time 20%.) There are no later flights to the US that I can find.

Has anyone ever called the SS 'Emergency Air Desk'? Would you mind sharing your experience? 

Would it be reasonable to expect them to find us a hotel for the night? Or would that be Lufthansa's job? Or would it be nobody's job???

2 hours ago, hsheffield said:

Would it be reasonable to expect them to find us a hotel for the night? Or would that be Lufthansa's job? Or would it be nobody's job???

My understanding is that if a flight is booked as a through flight i.e. the flight is booked from A to C with a connecting flight at B then it is the airline's responsibility to rearrange flights and provide accommodation if something goes wrong. In fact the airline should not  book connecting flights if the transfer time is not practical.

If, on the other-hand, the flights have been booked as two separate flights i.e. one flight A to B and another flight B to C then you are on your own when it goes wrong.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, david63 said:

My understanding is that if a flight is booked as a through flight i.e. the flight is booked from A to C with a connecting flight at B then it is the airline's responsibility to rearrange flights and provide accommodation if something goes wrong. In fact the airline should not  book connecting flights if the transfer time is not practical.

If, on the other-hand, the flights have been booked as two separate flights i.e. one flight A to B and another flight B to C then you are on your own when it goes wrong.

“On your own” in that SS should pay for the hotel.  They booked the inappropriate second flight.  I am still astonished that the carrier allowed such a short connection time to be booked!

1 hour ago, Port Power said:

“On your own” in that SS should pay for the hotel.  They booked the inappropriate second flight.  I am still astonished that the carrier allowed such a short connection time to be booked!

I was also surprised at the short layover.  I've have been nagging (my recently acquired superpower!) to get it changed to no avail.

Just double checked: flight A and B are both on Lufthansa. Flight C is on United: I'm assuming a codeshare with LH.

So this brings me back to has anyone used the Silver Air emergency number to get help if stranded?

38 minutes ago, hsheffield said:

I was also surprised at the short layover.  I've have been nagging (my recently acquired superpower!) to get it changed to no avail.

Just double checked: flight A and B are both on Lufthansa. Flight C is on United: I'm assuming a codeshare with LH.

So this brings me back to has anyone used the Silver Air emergency number to get help if stranded?

Perhaps consider starting a separate thread for that question since it’s so unrelated to this thread’s title.