Aug 10 Cruise Tour on Zuiderdam. Should I be worried?

Gistfamily

I read these kinds of threads and have lost all faith in HAL!  This company has cancelled too many cruises at the last minute without a lot of explanation.  That kind of grief is something no traveler appreciates.  Our next HAL cruise is in Asia/Japan next March and HAL is one of the few cruise lines not to have already cancelled their Japan cruises (because the Japanese government has not indicated any willingness to allow ships or independent tourists in their country).  But we figure HAL will wait until a few weeks before our cruise and then cancel.  No thanks!

The situation in Alaska is ridiculous.  HAL has known for months that they cannot get the necessary staff to do many things in AK.  But they still wait until the last minute to cancel and screw up the plans of their customers.  The staffing problems at the lodges in AK were a problem weeks ago and there is no reason to assume that folks will mysteriously appear in AK towards the end of the season to fill the jobs.  And yet here we are at the end of July and HAL now decides they cannot handle cruise/tours in August?  Are you kidding me?

Hank