Solo travel on Scarlet Lady

edgar72

So, I will be celebrating my 50th birthday and i am thinking of treating myself to a solo cruise.  What is the solo scene like on Virgin?  Since there isn't assigned dinner seating will I have the opportunity to meet folks?  I don't want to be stuck with no one to talk to.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, edgar72 said:

So, I will be celebrating my 50th birthday and i am thinking of treating myself to a solo cruise.  What is the solo scene like on Virgin?  Since there isn't assigned dinner seating will I have the opportunity to meet folks?  I don't want to be stuck with no one to talk to.

There are several folks on here that have sailed solo on Virgin. I'm sure they'll speak up soon enough!

We don't sail until October, but from what I've seen, you'll have plenty of people to talk to.

Enjoy your birthday, and welcome to Cruise Critic!

There are solo cabins available in several categories, making cruising solo much more affordable than on some other lines.  There are various social media groups for most cruise dates, and these often organize on board activities from simple "meet and greets" to group excursions or on board parties.  The sail away party on the first day is a great time to talk to people.  I've never had trouble meeting people to talk with or spend time with, whether on VV or any other line.  On the other hand, if you are looking for a lot more than conversation, VV isn't The Love Boat.

I sailed Scarlet Lady last month solo. Had no problems talking to people. Most were totally friendly and receptive. Like anywhere else, some people are more chatty than others. It's what you make of it. You can be as social or as introverted as you desire. Most people on the ship want to be social and have fun chatting with strangers. 

I celebrated my 50th on the Scarlet Lady last Saturday and it was fabulous! I went with my sister and we met so many amazing people. I wouldn't hesitate to go solo. Gunbae (the Korean BBQ) is group seating and the tables in the other restaurants are pretty close together, so we ended up talking to our neighbors at every meal. The pajama party on the first night was also a great way to meet people. Happy Birthday and I hope you have a great time if you decide to go!

• Like 1