Emerald Princess

Cath198

1 hour ago, Bobbiegentry said:

The WORST interned at sea is on the Emerald. Be prepared. 

The problem is not limited to the Emerald. I was on the Regal in mid-April for a Med cruise. 

slow and could not download anything. P seems to have made a change in March and really messed up their internet service. Went from being fine in November, December and January to super frustrating. Worst internet at sea!

3 hours ago, patrickmoran said:

The problem is not limited to the Emerald. I was on the Regal in mid-April for a Med cruise. 

slow and could not download anything. P seems to have made a change in March and really messed up their internet service. Went from being fine in November, December and January to super frustrating. Worst internet at sea!

Have to respectfully disagree. The Emerald has led the pack in the "WORST internet at sea" category since the implementation of MN. 

I cruised on the Regal (Nov 21), Emerald (Dec/Jan ) and the Majestic (Jan 22) and on each ship the wifi was fine and Medallion worked as advertised. The wifi on the Regal in April was horrible. I could do email, FaceBook and post to CC (never tried pics) but could not download Prime content or TV shows I had recorded at home. Loading the newspaper was painfully slow.

1 hour ago, patrickmoran said:

I cruised on the Regal (Nov 21), Emerald (Dec/Jan ) and the Majestic (Jan 22) and on each ship the wifi was fine and Medallion worked as advertised. The wifi on the Regal in April was horrible. I could do email, FaceBook and post to CC (never tried pics) but could not download Prime content or TV shows I had recorded at home. Loading the newspaper was painfully slow.

OK. You win. I won't attempt to match cruise by cruise wifi performance with you. 

On the Emerald end of June to first week of July.  Interior of the ship is good. She has a dated feel and there are always places she could use a little updating but all in all, good.  

The outside?  Wow.  Needs a sanding and paint big time.

And the Internet?  Maybe they will install it BECAUSE I COULDN'T TELL SHE HAD WIFI AT ALL.

I would say that the internet on ships is very dependent on what you intend to do with it, and who else is on the ship and how they are using it.  Too many people think that the ship's internet should have the same bandwidth as their home internet.  And they will be highly upset.

The major problem is that they seem to be giving the internet away to just about everyone, and everyone seems to think that they need to be on it the whole time.  They fail to realize how much data is being used to watch cat videos online, or how much bandwidth is needed for a facetime call to check on people back home that they can't do anything about while out at sea anyways.

The fix would be to charge for amount of data used.  Those that only use it to send e-mails won't use much data.  But then again, I am a dinasour.