Zenith 03/30/2006 1st Timer for X

KnotOnCall

Hi,:) you should be on the ship long before 2:00.

I sailed her earlier this month and was on before noon.

Have a wonderful time:)

Thanks for the info. When I have traveled on the Disney Wonder I was able to start boarding at 10am and was on the ship by 10:30, and got to make a whole day of it.

I've driving to Miami from Orlando and want to time it right. Do you think they will allow us to start boarding around 9am or 10am?

Good morning,...9 or 10 ? No, I don't think you will be able to board

that early.

But sometime between 11 and 12 would be much more likely:)

Just wanted to say "Welcome Aboard." My family and I will be on the same sailing.

After cruising HAL and loving it, we're a bit aprehensive to try another line, but have heard great things about X. We've become addicted to cruising though, so we're very excited to go again - even if it is just a few days.

Enjoy and bon voyage!

So excited booked the cruie and paid today!!! It's a last minute girls getaway. Mom, Aunt, younger Sister and me. Should be alot of fun. We have never sailed with X been on RCCL, Carnival and big Red Boat yrs ago. So far I'm partial to RCCL. But, really any crusie is a good cruise.

We're coming from Tampa and thinking of driving down the night before. Have nightmares of getting stuck on alligator alley!

See you all on the ship!

Burnsie

We went out on the Zenith of 2/16 and by 11:30 we had checked in, dropped our stuff off at the room and was having a cold beverage by the pool. Parking was a breeze too. We arrived at the port at 11:00.

Does anyone know if you can actually swim in the pools before the ship leaves the port? I'm hoping we can. My kids are dying to jump into it! Thanks. KJ

We had early boarding as our granddaughter was getting married allowing us to start the process about 10:30 though the cabins were not ready. The first cabin to be complete was our daughters, she had a suite. We arrived, checked in and spent about 15 minutes or so in the reception area drinking champange. I think normally embarkation will start between 11am and 11:30. Always, regardless of the line we choose we try to be on board by noon so we feel like we are getting an entire extra day on board. KnotonCall, you won't be able to board at 10am, I know that.

Burnsie, have a blast on your girl trip. My DD and I are doing a girls out cruise on April 15th, Yes we will miss Easter with our families but it was our only choice and my other DD may join us. It is a wonderful way to spend time some quality time with family. NMnita

Boy are you in for treat! Z has the best service afloat! Want eggs benedict delivered to your cabin, (it's not on the menu) just write it in on door card menu. It's the only X ship I sailed (so far) that will do this. Want chocolate souffle for dessert in the dinning room, just ask. Be sure to give them a day or two notice. Last Century cruise I was told it was impossible to make a souffle on board (BS). Be sure to check out the specialty coffee and coffee drinks at the Cova.

Have fun,

David

Thats for me not you!!!! just kidding, RC is the same, if you ask for something special for dessert, they will make it. I'm the little sister sailing with Burnsie. Really looking forward to getting away and relaxing. The countdown has never been this low to start with so I think I can handle the wait this time. 28 days and counting.

The pool was'nt even filled up when we were in port. Sorry...

We just got off the 3/6 sailing on the Zenith, and on sailaway day neither the pools nor the hot tubs were filled.

By the way, despite the fact that Costa Maya has docks, we were not able to land there due to 10 foot seas. We were told by two employees that they had been having trouble with the Costa Maya docks and that Celebrity was considering dropping it as a port of call.

In addition, the employees were still buzzing with rumors that the zenith was to be sold. We hope not--the ship is great. Of course, these were just rumors and only management would know for sure.

I just recieved our travel docs. It says boarding starts at 2pm.:(

So did mine. We were on so early we had to wait for the buffet to open.:cool:

We were on at 11:30. By 2 we had already had lunch, unpacked, drank some of the champagne in our cabin and were relaxing (empty) pool side with a cocktail.:D

Mom, I think we sailed on 2/6 together but we never met.

Hope you had a good time:)

As for boarding, the docs always give a late time. I was on the ship

right around noon:D and going back next month too!

We just got off Zenith too - they fill the pool during the night between Miami and the first port of call

The waves were so large (much larger than the 10 ft swells earlier mentioned) that we had a fabulous wave pool going for a while. Unfortunately, it was lobster night and alot of people were too sick to eat!:(

:eek: Now I'm getting worried. Was it due to bad weather or is it always like that? I really don't want to be sea sick. I was once in my life and it was awful!!! That was on a fishing boat in 10 feet swells. I've been on a few cruises and have never had a problem, however the ships were larger than the Zenith.

There is nothing worse than to heary up and wait

This past January we were on the Golden Princess out of San Juan Set up Night b/4 with Princess at the Marriott and transfer to ship

At 11:00 am they took 4 bus loads to the pear Princess would not let us Bord till !:00pm We could have stayed at the Marriott and bean more confertable (even though we had Priority Check In)

STUR DAYTON,OHIO

:eek: Now I'm getting worried. Was it due to bad weather or is it always like that? I really don't want to be sea sick. I was once in my life and it was awful!!! That was on a fishing boat in 10 feet swells. I've been on a few cruises and have never had a problem' date=' however the ships were larger than the Zenith.[/quote']

The weather was not bad--it was just one of those things. 10 foot waves aren't too bad (we've been in worse), but some people have a hard time with it. Bonine (sp?)-an anti-seasickness medication--is available for those who need it.

Also, we had read that you could put the tips on your stateroom account - not on this sailing; it was cash only. Bring enough cash with you to cover the tips.

Second that! Bring cash for tips. The desk told me that on short sailings, they do not let you charge the tips. Go figure!

Archived