Changing Date of Cruise Bookings w/ CruiseNext, Amex Promos

tedbearz

Hi all,

I have an existing booking for Prima with about 2 weeks before final payment is due. I paid deposit already using combo of CruiseNext, and Credit Card with Amex Offers.

Anyone know if I want to push my sailing out to the Viva next year, will I encounter any difficulties? Ie will my cruisenext drop off or will NCL refund and re-charge the booking to Amex?

Thanks!

Edited by tedbearz

We had a Dec. 2023 cruise booked with a 2 Cruise Next certificates. Called and asked to cancel and book an earlier cruise. Agent made us put down $250 deposit saying it would take a couple days for CN's to be put back into our account. It's been 3 weeks and the cruise has still not been cancelled. Have called agent again. Will they allow us to put the CNcertificates on the newly booked cruise even though we already had to put down the $250 deposit? Any help appreciated- never had this before. BTW- the first request we made to the agent was to CANCEL the Dec. cruise so we could reuse the CN deposits. Obviously she was more interested in us booking the new cruise.

NCL doesn’t move a cruise date.  The first cruise is cancelled.  Then you book the second cruise, using the pricing and promotions in effect at that time.  

Assuming it is done before final payment is due and outside any payment penalties, When the first cruise is cancelled any CruiseNexts that had been used will be restored to the account with the ORIGINAL expiration/sail by dates in place.  I think this is true if you also used a FCC or Discount Certificate from a previous cruise.  All have their original dates restored.  Other payments will EVENTUALLY be credited back to the original form.  It can often take a week or two or more, in my experience before credit card refunds appear. 

It may take several days for the certificates to be restored to the account.  I do not know if a skilled agent has a means to use them immediately to book another cruise.  An unskilled one may not know how to do it. 

Edited by MeHeartCruising

• 3 weeks later...

I was able to modify my existing reservation to a new sailing date/ship. All existing CruiseNext  and discounts carried over.

No charge to credit card.

However the Free at Sea promos were whatever they were at time of the change.