Will we ever hear from Move Up?

5waldos

On 7/22/2022 at 8:42 AM, Jim_Iain said:

That's been my experience.   You can almost set your watch by it.    Generally once onboard you can request and often not until the next day are vacant cabins assigned to requests.

Is that ever worthwhile the effort, let alone the cost unless something is seriously wrong with the initial cabin? The line at the Guest Relations desk is always so long on Day 1... I think dealing with this would defeat the advantage of having another, slightly better cabin. Let alone having to move again.

Edited by Fly and Sail
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, D. B. said:

I think the Credit Card Charge Notification is a good way to know and also checking your Edocs as I once saw my New (Bidup) cabin number on my Edocs Before my Credit Card notified me of the X Charge!

I never received edoc on my last cruise in April 🙄

15 hours ago, Fly and Sail said:

Is that ever worthwhile the effort, let alone the cost unless something is seriously wrong with the initial cabin? The line at the Guest Relations desk is always so long on Day 1... I think dealing with this would defeat the advantage of having another, slightly better cabin. Let alone having to move again.

Waiting in line on boarding for a couple hours for the remote chance I would be upgraded?  Nope.  Lots better to book a cabin you are happy with and see if you get a MoveUp accepted.  If not for me time to MoveOn.

On 7/21/2022 at 4:07 AM, 5waldos said:

Mine says that is I try to use Tapatalk. I access CC through the internet on my phone. No idea why that works but it does. 

Tapatalk is a voice software that was banned from the Google App Store about 2 years ago for security issues.  Suggest you delete it.

On 7/23/2022 at 1:45 PM, Arizona Wildcat said:

Waiting in line on boarding for a couple hours for the remote chance I would be upgraded?  Nope.  Lots better to book a cabin you are happy with and see if you get a MoveUp accepted.  If not for me time to MoveOn.

All my MoveUp buds were rejected. Received emails telling me this at just under 48 hours before sail away.

But- We were among the first to board. First in line at customer relations. Was put on waitlist and late in afternoon offered a balcony upgrade from OV for no additional cost. I noticed that a number of others also were upgraded. The ship was about 3/4 full so would guess that there were a fair number of cabins available. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 5waldos said:

All my MoveUp buds were rejected. Received emails telling me this at just under 48 hours before sail away.

But- We were among the first to board. First in line at customer relations. Was put on waitlist and late in afternoon offered a balcony upgrade from OV for no additional cost. I noticed that a number of others also were upgraded. The ship was about 3/4 full so would guess that there were a fair number of cabins available. 

Fantastic...  The upgrade fairy is always much better than having to pay for an upgrade.  Usually this occurs after bidding is closed when someone test positive within the 48 hours prior to cruise.   That happens to us last cruise except they called us the night before but told us our new room as the system is locked at 48 hours for homeland security reporting.

• Like 1