NCL AIR HELP

We have booked a cruise for October with NCL air.   We will travel the day of the cruise from West Palm Beach to NYC which is a 3 hour flight IF direct.  My worries are that we will not be on the earliest flight and a stopover booked.  Has anyone used NCL for this flight path?   Do they usually chose direct flights?  Are they conscientious in regard to getting you on the ship as early as possible?  All information is greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

If we do decide to book ourselves how do I go about cancelling their flight?  I tried calling Flight Assistance in order to clarify these issues but the wait time was forever.  I would like to keep what we have booked with NCL to keep things simple but the airline mess is stressing me a bit😳. Again thank you!

If you are booking through NCL Air, even if it is to fly in on embarkation day, I don't see how they would possibly book you on a flight that would not "guarantee" (assuming that there are no flight delays/issues) that you would make the departure time. I can't see why they would put you on a flight in which you would arrive too late to make the ship just because it was cheaper.

Once NCL books your flight though, I don't think there is any option to back out of it and book on your own.

Edited by gvgseg

1 hour ago, FLBeachwalker said:

We have booked a cruise for October with NCL air.   We will travel the day of the cruise from West Palm Beach to NYC which is a 3 hour flight IF direct.  My worries are that we will not be on the earliest flight and a stopover booked.  Has anyone used NCL for this flight path?   Do they usually chose direct flights?  Are they conscientious in regard to getting you on the ship as early as possible?  All information is greatly appreciated.  Thank you!

If we do decide to book ourselves how do I go about cancelling their flight?  I tried calling Flight Assistance in order to clarify these issues but the wait time was forever.  I would like to keep what we have booked with NCL to keep things simple but the airline mess is stressing me a bit😳. Again thank you!

Right now, with what is going on with air/airports, I would definitely be booking direct flights whenever possible and obviously it's your dime and your cruise, but flying the day of, even just 3 hours, no way I would take that chance.  That's just me and others do travel same day, but whatever you decide, good luck!

Flights have not been great fir the NYC airports lately. My sister and her family were on the first United flight out of o’hare to Newark, there is usually one an hour, they managed to separate on different flights and all made it by 6 pm. 

• 2 weeks later...

NCL will do their best to get you the cheapest flight, but also one they know will cause them less hassles. They're not going to book you on a flight that cuts it too close to the embarkation deadline etc. I'm sure the last thing they want to deal with is rebooking people onto flights if something happens etc.