MIA Transfers

phillygwm

Apologies if this has been asked previously, I did a quick search and couldn't find anything.

I'm cruising out of Miami.  Originally, I was coming in the evening before so I would have just taken an Uber to the port.  However, now I'm coming in day of.  I've previously purchased the transfer for the return but apparently I can no longer purchase it from the airport to the ship.

Can I purchase the transfer on site at the airport, or do I need to arrange this ahead of time?  If I can purchase on site, would I be correct to assume there will be someone near Baggage Claim with an NCL sign or something?

Thanks in advance!

13 minutes ago, Crown Vic said:

Flat rate taxi fare from the Miami International Airport to the Port of Miami, at the end of May, was $27. Easy peasy!

Nice!  I'll just do that.  Appreciate the info.  

GROUND TRANSFERS

Transfers Between Airport & Cruise Pier

Book Your Transfers Today: Log in to MyNCL or call 800.327.7030
Norwegian Cruise Line offers ground transfers between the airport and the pier and vice versa. To purchase transfers online, have your airline documentation ready, log in to MyNCL and select Check-In. An option to purchase transfers to and from the cruise pier will appear in Step 4 after you enter valid flight information. You can also call us to purchase transfers. Purchases must be arranged at least 4 days prior to sailing.

Important Information about Norwegian Cruise Line Ground Transfers

• Taxis and public transportation have limited availability in many of the ports so we highly recommend booking your Norwegian Transportation prior to your cruise.
  • For Airport arrivals: a Norwegian Cruise Line representative will meet you in the baggage claim area for domestic flights and outside of customs for international flights to assist with transportation to the ship or hotel (if applicable).
  • For Departures transfers: the shipboard team will advise you of the exact departure time while onboard.
  • All guests who purchase transfers will receive a transfer voucher with their eDocs.
  • Some ships will offer additional departure transfers to city center or train station. Ask the Guest Service Desk onboard for details and pricing.
  • Charter sailings may or may not offer transfers, please contact your travel professional for more details

Note best you consider taking that Uber Taxi to the port and not waste time with this.

As noted the Taxi fare is around $30. - NCL used to post the transfer fees but I believe

that it would be about $30 PER PERSON - - -

Take the taxi check-in get on board and start the party forget the travel by group

19 minutes ago, don't-use-real-name said:

Note best you consider taking that Uber Taxi to the port and not waste time with this.

As noted the Taxi fare is around $30. - NCL used to post the transfer fees but I believe

that it would be about $30 PER PERSON - - -

Take the taxi check-in get on board and start the party forget the travel by group

Noted.  I'm going solo this time so cost is a wash.  I'll take the transfer going back to the airport, so as not to deal with the hassle of a taxi at the cruise port.  But knowing the cost, I'll definitely Uber or Taxi going TO the port.  Probably taxi simply because many airports hide Uber pickups or make them otherwise inconvenient.  Even if it's $5-10 more after tip, I'm OK with that.

I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, Nodakboiler said:

Is the taxi rate the same from POM to MIA? Just had a port change and coming into MIA instead of FLL. Any idea of earliest flight on Saturday from MIA that would work? TIA

Yes - same from MIA to POM or POM to MIA.  I believe it is now $28 (should be posted in the cab) plus tip. 

About 11 or 11:30 would be the earliest I would try to fly out - figure you need to be at MIA about 2 hours prior to your flight with the typical TSA chaos (pre-check would help!), and the ride to MIA will take about 15-20+ minutes on a Saturday.

Have a great cruise! 😎

Just a follow-up to my original post.

I did take an Uber from MIA.  I had minor difficulty; The Norwegian address directed me to the wrong terminal.  My driver didn't speak much English, so we stumbled around the port a bit before asking someone who looked "official."  He directed us to Terminal B.  I forget exactly how much I paid with tip but it was in the mid-$20's.  All in all, worthwhile.

I took the NCL transfer coming back and that was slightly disappointing.  I was among the first off the ship (I was hoping I might standby for an earlier flight.)  But the shuttle didn't leave for quite some time after, until the bus was pretty full.  I understand that, but had I known I would have taken a taxi/Uber back.

• Thanks 1