NASA tour vs. Kennedy Space Center Shuttle

There was a Port Canaveral excursion listed for our cruise that was listed as being sold out, but now it is not even listed.  It was for a NASA Space Center Tour.  Now, in it's place is the Kennedy Space Center Shuttle at a different price.  Does anyone know if this is just a shuttle to the space center and back?  The description does say explore the space center on your own, which the original tour did not say.  Is the price of admission to the space center included in the Kennedy Space Center Shuttle cost?  It is listed today at $84 per person, but I am having a hard time believing that a 30 minute shuttle ride would be $84 per person.  If it actually includes the admission price then that is a more reasonable price for the excursion.  Unfortunately,  the description of the excursion does not specify whether or not admission is included.  I know we can always get our own transportation there, but I am always more comfortable using a ships excursion, just in case.

General admission to Kennedy Space Center is itself is currently $86, so maybe that $84 is a discounted admission plus the shuttle?  KSC also offers a shuttle from Disney/MCO for about $80, so $84 just for a shuttle from PC sounds awfully expensive - you can do an Uber with multiple passengers round-trip for less than that.  The original excursion could have been a guided tour - KSC lists one with transfers at $157.  I guess only RCCL knows for sure!

I remember reading a post by someone recently who booked the shuttle and bought admission tickets independently only to be given tickets on board the bus. It turned out that admission was included in the price but the wording of the description did not make that clear.

12 minutes ago, rudeney said:

General admission to Kennedy Space Center is itself is currently $86, so maybe that $84 is a discounted admission plus the shuttle?  KSC also offers a shuttle from Disney/MCO for about $80, so $84 just for a shuttle from PC sounds awfully expensive - you can do an Uber with multiple passengers round-trip for less than that.  The original excursion could have been a guided tour - KSC lists one with transfers at $157.  I guess only RCCL knows for sure!

I just purchased discounted admission to KSC for the last weekend of August through Beneplace @ $55 each. I would assume Royal Caribbean would get an even better discount bringing busloads of people.

• Like 1

Last October when we went, there was a "shuttle only" which was just a bus from the port to the KSC and a "KSC Tour" which included the transportation from port to KSC AND the walking/bus tour INSIDE the KSC. HIGHLY recommend the tour as it goes to the multiple sites that are some distance apart. I BELIEVE you can buy a "similar" tour AT the KSC, but our guide told us the one he works for the cruise lines is "better" like going in it's own order to avoid crowds/lines, even going in the back door for some of the shows 🙂

• 6 months later...
On 7/20/2022 at 1:12 PM, OnceAMarineAlwaysAMarine said:

There was a Port Canaveral excursion listed for our cruise that was listed as being sold out, but now it is not even listed.  It was for a NASA Space Center Tour.  Now, in it's place is the Kennedy Space Center Shuttle at a different price.  Does anyone know if this is just a shuttle to the space center and back?  The description does say explore the space center on your own, which the original tour did not say.  Is the price of admission to the space center included in the Kennedy Space Center Shuttle cost?  It is listed today at $84 per person, but I am having a hard time believing that a 30 minute shuttle ride would be $84 per person.  If it actually includes the admission price then that is a more reasonable price for the excursion.  Unfortunately,  the description of the excursion does not specify whether or not admission is included.  I know we can always get our own transportation there, but I am always more comfortable using a ships excursion, just in case.

We just did the Kennedy Space Center Shuttle excursion last week on the 2/4 Anthem sailing.  It was explore on your own.   It included admission to the Space Center.  Best to check the KSC website to see which exhibits you want to visit, as there won't be enough time to see everything. We visited the Rocket Garden, Saturn V and Atlantis Space Shuttle. We really enjoyed it. 

Teddie

• Like 1