How bad is the noise on connecting cabins?

Velvetwater

Thanks for the replies all.

I am really sensitive to shuddery afts. Get a bit sick for some reason. I've been known to avoid aft dining rooms on many occasions.

A friend of mine who is a royal cruiser said room stewards put pillows between doors and used masking tape to help with noise. Anyone know if carnival does this too?

Oddly, My husband sails with duct tape in case his case breaks so we could do it ourselves I guess.

Edited by Velvetwater

On 7/22/2022 at 9:15 AM, sc4125 said:

but plan to be on the balcony quite a bit - so the connecting door won't be my problem - slamming the balcony door or being super loud on the balcony will be more of an issue.

Zero issue, since MG balcony doors slide open.👍  On the other hand, I notice more and more people playing music on their balconies.  I don't really feel like listening to some fbomb filled rap song while I'm out there enjoying the view.  And you can't call guest services because its impossible to figure out exactly where its coming from. 

On 7/21/2022 at 5:20 PM, Velvetwater said:

How bad is the noise on connecting cabins on conquest class ships?

It seems there are two doors as the connection from YouTube videos I've seen.

Been assigned one and can't change as all other cabins are also this type.

Depends if she had any tequila or not

1U9e.gif

Edited by EngIceDave
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Annoying to me was the next room kept the television on all day with the volume up.  They didn't bother to turn it off when they went out.

Worst of all.....it was on a cable news channel.

David

• Like 1

On 7/21/2022 at 3:20 PM, Velvetwater said:

How bad is the noise on connecting cabins on conquest class ships?

It seems there are two doors as the connection from YouTube videos I've seen.

Been assigned one and can't change as all other cabins are also this type.

Short amswer is that it depends on who/what type of people are in the adjoining cabin.

On 7/21/2022 at 3:20 PM, Velvetwater said:

• Like 1

NO connecting rooms.  The walls are thin enough, but the door transfers every noise. Even normal volume of talking if they are standing close to their door you can hear every word.

If you get lucky and have a quiet neighbor might not be a problem, but IMHO more and more these days I seem to be sailing with completely inconsiderate people around me.  I just think no one cares anymore about anything but themselves (yelling, fighting, blaring personal radios, TV's etc. at all times of the day and night).  I swear their isn't a modicum of manners left in the world anymore.

• Like 2

This is why i read these boards every day. I checked my booking and had an adjoining cabin i had one 10 years ago that had little kids in it and they screamed all day ,every day. I called Carnival a few hours ago and got moved a few doors down and came out with a lower price and a little extra o.b. c. . And got to stay on lido deck. I thought they would hit me up for extra money but they surprised me.  They did jack my prepaid gratuities up but i still came out ahead.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I made a booking error choosing our cabin on our April Magic cruise. It was a connecting room. We could hear them talking, heard their TV. Thankfully they were older and not super loud. I will be much more careful booking the next one. Was a rookie move on my part. 

• Like 1