Virgin Drops Pre Cruise Testing....

topaz123

Interesting article.  Hard to compare a cruise line that has only 2 ships to the other lines that have many, many more.  More ships, more possible covid cases.  Hopefully in the near future the other lines will "jump onboard" with Virgin.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lane Hog said:

Are we going to have to see one of these "XXXX just dropped testing" in every company specific forum every time company XXXX drops testing?....

That's getting old and it's only been a couple days.

I hope so.....Good News Spreads....YIppeee!!!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, pe4all said:

Interesting article.  Hard to compare a cruise line that has only 2 ships to the other lines that have many, many more.  More ships, more possible covid cases.  Hopefully in the near future the other lines will "jump onboard" with Virgin.

Not really sure what size has to do with it? It's a policy.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lane Hog said:

Are we going to have to see one of these "XXXX just dropped testing" in every company specific forum every time company XXXX drops testing?....

That's getting old and it's only been a couple days.

I don't find the topic old. You could always not click on the topic and just go on to something else if you find it so boring.

I think the first of the big 3 lines to drop the testing is going to be a huge winner.

I know we have 2 Carnival cruises alreasdy schedul;ed, but there won't be another until Carinval drops the pre-cruise testing.

If RCL or NCL drops testing first.

That's where we'll be.

Hopefully at least one line keeps all the covid theater for those who want to keep all the trappings going on forever, so they can be happy and at least one line drops all of the theatrics for those who don't enjoy wasting their money and time on the covid stuff.

I think giving people both options will raise revenues for lines on either side.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Well, they dropped it. I called to book as unvaxed and they confirmed no test required for anyone. Now they are saying unvaxed have to test. I sure hope they will give us our money back because we don’t do the tests, masks, vax or anything else to do with covid. 

1 hour ago, apatchetear said:

Well, they dropped it. I called to book as unvaxed and they confirmed no test required for anyone. Now they are saying unvaxed have to test. I sure hope they will give us our money back because we don’t do the tests, masks, vax or anything else to do with covid. 

They did issue a full refund. I should have it back within 10 business days. Unvaxed cruisers still have to test. They are working on updating the website. ☹️ I just thought we were going on a cruise!

5 hours ago, apatchetear said:

They did issue a full refund. I should have it back within 10 business days. Unvaxed cruisers still have to test. They are working on updating the website. ☹️ I just thought we were going on a cruise!

They changed it because the Bahamas is now again requiring tests to enter and most of Virgin goes to the Bahamas.  It was announced on the 1st.  Guess the Bahamas didn't like the fact that the cruise ships were taking the drawn out situation into their own hands and dropping it so they said, well guess what, if you want to cruise here with unvaxed people, we will now be requiring testing again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mickeychicky said:

Guess the Bahamas didn't like the fact that the cruise ships were taking the drawn out situation into their own hands and dropping it so they said, well guess what, if you want to cruise here with unvaxed people, we will now be requiring testing again.

But the testing to enter the Bahamas (which would apply to all VV Caribbean sailings, since they all go to Bimini) is only if you're unvaxxed, yes? Fully vaxxed still doesn't have to test?

1 minute ago, allinwonderland said:

But the testing to enter the Bahamas (which would apply to all VV Caribbean sailings, since they all go to Bimini) is only if you're unvaxxed, yes? Fully vaxxed still doesn't have to test?

I am understanding it is EVERYONE.  I follow a YouTuber that also is a travel agent. 

3 minutes ago, mickeychicky said:

I am understanding it is EVERYONE.  I follow a YouTuber that also is a travel agent. 

That is a HUGE walking back of them being the "first (non-luxury) cruise line to drop testing!" And also nowhere on their website, which is still loudly proclaiming "we removed testing policy" at the top (though admittedly, the full page on policies isn't the most clear, which is why I came here for clarification).

I started looking at VV in a serious way after the testing policy became a non-issue. In any other circumstances I'd prefer a 7-day cruise. Glad I didn't book yet.

3 minutes ago, allinwonderland said:

That is a HUGE walking back of them being the "first (non-luxury) cruise line to drop testing!" And also nowhere on their website, which is still loudly proclaiming "we removed testing policy" at the top (though admittedly, the full page on policies isn't the most clear, which is why I came here for clarification).

I started looking at VV in a serious way after the testing policy became a non-issue. In any other circumstances I'd prefer a 7-day cruise. Glad I didn't book yet.

Also keep in mind VV is only 10% unvaxed so it's a crap game when you book.  Still too many what if's right now, and I don't prefer the "word salad" these cruise lines are dishing out.  I think they are flying by the seat of their pants now that the CDC doesn't have their say in the matter, it's like the cruise lines are totally lost.

2 minutes ago, mickeychicky said:

Also keep in mind VV is only 10% unvaxed so it's a crap game when you book.

I'm not the poster who was mad about needing to test because of being unvaxxed.

14 minutes ago, mickeychicky said:

What worries me is suddenly being required to test again, even though "testing was dropped", despite being vaxxed, which is what it sounds like you said.

Edited by allinwonderland
add more info

3 minutes ago, Fredric22 said:

Ugh.... this is getting ridiculous!  Carnival also announced yesterday testing is required for all cruises going to the Bahamas....

Yes, that is where the announcement came from....so I look for another announcement to come out about the testing across all cruise lines. 

11 minutes ago, allinwonderland said:

I'm not the poster who was mad about needing to test because of being unvaxxed.

What worries me is suddenly being required to test again, even though "testing was dropped", despite being vaxxed, which is what it sounds like you said.

That is how I understood it.  We'll have to wait and see what happens because this was just announced yesterday.  Maybe the cruise lines will work with government officials to see what the final say is.  Also Grand Caymen is another one saying testing required.

3 hours ago, mickeychicky said:

They changed it because the Bahamas is now again requiring tests to enter and most of Virgin goes to the Bahamas.  It was announced on the 1st.  Guess the Bahamas didn't like the fact that the cruise ships were taking the drawn out situation into their own hands and dropping it so they said, well guess what, if you want to cruise here with unvaxed people, we will now be requiring testing again.

It sucks!! The Bahamas sucks!!! I’m ready to cruise and luckily VV refunded me. I had to get ugly with them because they wanted me to file on my travel insurance that I purchased from them for $100. I told them that IF their rep hadn’t given me the wrong info I would have never booked. I asked if the unvaxed had to test and they told me no and that was the only reason I booked. Oh well. We keep waiting. One day things have to be normal again. This can’t go on forever!!!

• Like 1

Virgin have updated their site to state unvaccinated need to get a test.

The Bahamas haven’t changed their policy and have required unvaccinated to test to enter the country for a while

https://travel.gov.bs

i suppose Virgin could allow unvaccinated to board without testing and then stop those people from disembarking, but it’s probably easier to have the testing. 

• Like 1

Carnival just updated their policy and re-affirmed that all cruise passengers will be required to test before entering the Bahamas (vaxxed or unvaxxed) due to the local rules.  So... either Virgin is right or Carnival is right... not sure how both can be following the correct rules. 

1 minute ago, Fredric22 said:

Carnival just updated their policy and re-affirmed that all cruise passengers will be required to test before entering the Bahamas (vaxxed or unvaxxed) due to the local rules.  So... either Virgin is right or Carnival is right... not sure how both can be following the correct rules. 

Carnival is following what the Bahamas government issued.....Virgin is slacking on their updates it seems

Edited by mickeychicky

2 minutes ago, mickeychicky said:

Carnival is following what the Bahamas government issued.....Virgin is slacking on their updates it seems

Virgin just made an update last night.  What government guidance are you referring to?