Majestic in Alaska - How has it Been?

Zeke Eak

There hasn't been a lot of information posted about the Majestic in Alaska. 

I'm more interested in the life on the ship than port info, but any information provided will be much appreciated.

How has it been on the ship? 

How are the dining rooms / buffets / other food?

Are the shows any good and what are they?

Any tips to help enjoy the ship more? Good hang out places, places to see the scenery, etc?

Does the Baked Alaska Parade still happen? When and what time?

How many passengers have been on different sailings?

What is the Covid concern level of passengers and crew? 

Thank you and safe travels.

Everything has been absolutely fabulous on the Majestic princess. Since the restart they still have yet to reinstate the baked Alaska parade so unfortunately you will not see that. Ship has been roughly between 50 to 65% at most I've been on for a few weeks this summer. On the Alaskan sailings passengers are mandated to wear masks throughout the ship indoors so covid cases seem to be very few if any. You keep in mind it really seems to be more on the honor system on who's going to be upfront if they have symptoms and report them. 

As for viewing spots a lot of people tend to like the conservatory which is all in glass in for me personally it's not my favorite because I don't like a piece of glass interfering with my viewing. So you always have Dex and the promenade for some good viewing but honestly if you have a balcony of any form I practically lived online. Between the gorgeous weather and the Majestic views what more can one not love.

Edited by Jeter02
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zeke Eak said:

Thanks for the response. 
The baked Alaska parade was one of the reasons I agreed to dress up for a formal. Too bad it’s not being done 

seems to me Alaska would be the ideal setting for the baked Alaska parade. When on our Mexican riviera cruise they presented passengers with the baked Alaska tradition, although I couldn't shake the thought that maybe a Dia De Muertos parade would be in order.

• Like 1

We sailed on the Majestic last August, and it was great. Lovely ship. We had a basic balcony cabin on Lido, and we liked it a lot. I was a little worried about noise from the Hollywood Conservatory above us, but we never heard a thing. We loved the noodle bar! I wish all Princess ships had that.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2022 at 12:42 PM, Jeter02 said:

Everything has been absolutely fabulous on the Majestic princess. Since the restart they still have yet to reinstate the baked Alaska parade so unfortunately you will not see that. Ship has been roughly between 50 to 65% at most I've been on for a few weeks this summer. On the Alaskan sailings passengers are mandated to wear masks throughout the ship indoors so covid cases seem to be very few if any. You keep in mind it really seems to be more on the honor system on who's going to be upfront if they have symptoms and report them. 

As for viewing spots a lot of people tend to like the conservatory which is all in glass in for me personally it's not my favorite because I don't like a piece of glass interfering with my viewing. So you always have Dex and the promenade for some good viewing but honestly if you have a balcony of any form I practically lived online. Between the gorgeous weather and the Majestic views what more can one not love.

We had the baked Alaska parade on both legs on the Majestic in March at 6:30. I believe that it was either the last night or the one before.😊