Bringing Wine on Board

VAWCB

10 minutes ago, D C said:

Either works.  Or you can carry some/check some.  And as far as I can tell, they have no means to reconcile the number in your checked bag with the number in your carry-on.  

If the numbers won't exceed the allowance, I'd say it's definitely less potential hassle to manage them as carry-on.  As noted earlier, that eliminates the real possibility of having to go down to claim your luggage from security.  Been there, done that.  But true, there is no attempt to reconcile what comes across the gangway with what's in the luggage.

24 minutes ago, D C said:

Either works.  Or you can carry some/check some.  And as far as I can tell, they have no means to reconcile the number in your checked bag with the number in your carry-on.  

Except the guidelines say any wine is supposed to be in carryon baggage.  As already said - putting it in checked baggage has sometimes caused bagged to be delayed and we had it held until the end of the cruise once as well.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

... and we had it held until the end of the cruise once as well.

Did you put up a legitimate fuss or just roll over on that one?  If the former, what was the explanation provided to you? 

40 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Except the guidelines say any wine is supposed to be in carryon baggage.

Have never seen that.  It's not in their online FAQ nor is it specified in any of the pdf versions out there on the web. 

Source?

1 hour ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Except the guidelines say any wine is supposed to be in carryon baggage.  As already said - putting it in checked baggage has sometimes caused bagged to be delayed and we had it held until the end of the cruise once as well.

Where is it stated that it's to be carried on? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, D C said:

Where is it stated that it's to be carried on? 

The alcohol policy in the FAQ weakly suggests this twice:

1. Does "with them" mean carry on?

"guests are permitted to bring onboard with them up to two (2) bottles of wine"

2. Is "possessing ... in their luggage" a violation?

"Guests who violate any alcohol policy, including but not limited to underage drinking; providing alcohol to minors or young adults; possessing, concealing or attempting to conceal alcoholic items in their luggage, when boarding or while onboard; engaging in alcohol drinking games; or failing to consume alcohol responsibly, will be considered for discipline under the provisions of this policy."

Of course, this also suggests that failing to consume alcohol can result in discipline.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HskrCrsr said:

The alcohol policy in the FAQ weakly suggests this twice:

1. Does "with them" mean carry on?

"guests are permitted to bring onboard with them up to two (2) bottles of wine"

2. Is "possessing ... in their luggage" a violation?

"Guests who violate any alcohol policy, including but not limited to underage drinking; providing alcohol to minors or young adults; possessing, concealing or attempting to conceal alcoholic items in their luggage, when boarding or while onboard; engaging in alcohol drinking games; or failing to consume alcohol responsibly, will be considered for discipline under the provisions of this policy."

Of course, this also suggests that failing to consume alcohol can result in discipline.

So anything in my checked bag is not with me, but I'm possessing it nonetheless? 

40 minutes ago, D C said:

So anything in my checked bag is not with me, but I'm possessing it nonetheless? 

I assume you possess a car but don't always have it with you?

I won't rule out the possibility of that other definition, the one that parents often use, as in "what possessed you to ...". Demonic possession is probably frowned upon, with or without wine.