Are Electric Kettles provided on Voyager?

Question for recent Voyager cruisers....does RCCL provide electric kettles for use in cabins?

I am not in a suite but in a "spacious balcony cabin" and heard tea making facilities were provided "upon request" to all cabin categories on RCCL cruises departing UK and Baltic. I'm on the upcoming Voyager Arctic crossing beginning in Copenhagen and am wondering if this applies to transatlantics as well. 

This will be my first on RCCL but have been able to request electric kettles on past Celebrity crossings while in a similar cabin category and am hoping to do the same on Voyager.  I know I'm not allowed to bring my own but would rather not have to rely on room service for hot water.

Thanks in advance!

• Thanks 1

Generally, those dangerous, fire hazard kettles are only provided for the UK and Australia market, where, because of some sort of unknown phenomenon, they are not fire hazards.  I did a cruise around OZ and followed by a transpacific on the same ship.  As soon as we hit Hawaii, the kettles disappeared.

1 hour ago, SargassoPirate said:

Generally, those dangerous, fire hazard kettles are only provided for the UK and Australia market, where, because of some sort of unknown phenomenon, they are not fire hazards.  I did a cruise around OZ and followed by a transpacific on the same ship.  As soon as we hit Hawaii, the kettles disappeared.

1 hour ago, Heymarco said:

They get pulled because the market demand outside of UK and Australia is significantly less. Too much cost and effort to maintain outside of those markets.

They left the kettles on Anthem for the recent US fall/winter/spring season from Cape Liberty.

7 hours ago, Heymarco said:

How are they a fire hazard? Last time I checked, boiling water does not cause fires. Have not ever heard of kettles being an issue. They get pulled because the market demand outside of UK and Australia is significantly less. Too much cost and effort to maintain outside of those markets.

That's what I was told when our kettle disappeared.  I raised a mild stink at the desk, but they were adamant.  Fire hazard.  Right.  Just like when some new change is for "your convenience".

Why not just be honest and say the UK and OZ market demands them but they don't want the extra expense in other markets.

Follow the money.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, SargassoPirate said:

That's what I was told when our kettle disappeared.  I raised a mild stink at the desk, but they were adamant.  Fire hazard.  Right.  Just like when some new change is for "your convenience".

Why not just be honest and say the UK and OZ market demands them but they don't want the extra expense in other markets.

Follow the money.

Yeah though it is a Banned Item to bring onboard like an Iron or anything else with a Heating Element makes them a No Go. But as said it's in Reg Cabins in UK, AUS, but not USA. Been that way since 80's that I've seen.

• Thanks 1