No boarding time listed! Priority or Not?

helene109

It may partially depend on the port. I have heard of some ports (I forgot which one(s)), that do send you off until your check-in time, whereas NYC's lovely pier will let anyone in, at any time. 

If my magic wand would work, I'd wave it and NCL would require folks to come at their scheduled upon time, rather than letting anyone come whenever they want, regardless of their check-in time (yikes, run-on sentence alert)! 

Having said that, are you at 21 days or fewer before your cruise? If so, then you should be able to check-in and select your time. Worst case, just pop over to the terminal at a random time - I bet they'll probably let you know. Just don't blame me if they don't. 🙂 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, cruiserbear55 said:

Are you platinum or above? Since we hit platinum, no matter what we put down for an arrival time, when we print our e-docs it always says “Open” under arrival time.

First Ncl cruise 

12 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

It may partially depend on the port. I have heard of some ports (I forgot which one(s)), that do send you off until your check-in time, whereas NYC's lovely pier will let anyone in, at any time. 

If my magic wand would work, I'd wave it and NCL would require folks to come at their scheduled upon time, rather than letting anyone come whenever they want, regardless of their check-in time (yikes, run-on sentence alert)! 

Having said that, are you at 21 days or fewer before your cruise? If so, then you should be able to check-in and select your time. Worst case, just pop over to the terminal at a random time - I bet they'll probably let you know. Just don't blame me if they don't. 🙂 

No time listed on my check in!

5 minutes ago, helene109 said:

My time is NOT listed to pick from!

(Please understand that your room is not a true suite!) This link might help with part of your questions:

https://www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegian/cruise-accommodations/minisuites-and-balconies

Also:

If you have signed into your account at 21(or fewer) days prior to embarkation, and completed all necessary questions in CHECK-IN, you will need to verify that you have a Green checkmark for each!

Sometimes you might need to re-enter phone number (possibly doing the same for EACH traveler's account) before everyone is fully checked-in.

Hopefully, this information is of some help to you!!!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

(Please understand that your room is not a true suite!) This link might help with part of your questions:

https://www.ncl.com/why-cruise-norwegian/cruise-accommodations/minisuites-and-balconies

Also:

If you have signed into your account at 21(or fewer) days prior to embarkation, and completed all necessary questions in CHECK-IN, you will need to verify that you have a Green checkmark for each!

Sometimes you might need to re-enter phone number (possibly doing the same for EACH traveler's account) before everyone is fully checked-in.

Hopefully, this information is of some help to you!!!

I do have a green check mark next to each section. I called NCL said to come anytime!

1 minute ago, helene109 said:

I do have a green check mark next to each section. I called NCL said to come anytime!

Back in April, my husband and I had the green check-marks, also.

However, we kept getting "check-in not complete" messages, and also had to watch the Safety Drill video over and over (ugh).

If all of your info shows as completed, for each passenger, and you are able to print (or save) your Cruise Documents with "Boarding Pass," then you should be able to go.

(Note: luggage tags are embedded in the Cruise documents!  When you can see them online look for a tine suitcase, that is the link for printing the luggage tags.

Sometimes, NCL's system gets a bit wonky, so hopefully, things start going more smoothly for you and you have a great cruise!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ggTexasGal said:

Back in April, my husband and I had the green check-marks, also.

However, we kept getting "check-in not complete" messages, and also had to watch the Safety Drill video over and over (ugh).

If all of your info shows as completed, for each passenger, and you are able to print (or save) your Cruise Documents with "Boarding Pass," then you should be able to go.

(Note: luggage tags are embedded in the Cruise documents!  When you can see them online look for a tine suitcase, that is the link for printing the luggage tags.

Sometimes, NCL's system gets a bit wonky, so hopefully, things start going more smoothly for you and you have a great cruise!

I printed my luggage tags and boarding passes. It states no boarding time!

2 hours ago, helene109 said:

Just off the phone with NCL they said to just come whenever! Must be a glitch! Should I do Priority check in? Thoughts please! First NCL cruise!

You would go through the normal check in line, you don't have any sort of priority since you're a first time NCL'er and don't have a true suite.

Interesting that there's no time, but if it's not listed I guess it could be open season at check-in (which is how it used to be (pre-covid) , even when there were times, they weren't usually enforced).

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, KSSS2013 said:

You would go through the normal check in line, you don't have any sort of priority since you're a first time NCL'er and don't have a true suite.

Interesting that there's no time, but if it's not listed I guess it could be open season at check-in (which is how it used to be (pre-covid) , even when there were times, they weren't usually enforced).

I just purchased priority so now to figure out what time to Arrive! We cruise 8-14! Thanks!

5 minutes ago, helene109 said:

I just purchased priority so now to figure out what time to Arrive! We cruise 8-14! Thanks!

Personally we get the earliest time we can get there, around 9:30 depending on the port. We've been on many cruises but he hate waiting around the hotel room and prefer to sit in the terminal and wait. Your preferences could be different.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The boarding times were apparently being pretty stringently enforced during the height of the Covid stuff.  Now, they don't seem to care too much.

We embarked on the Star on 14 July.  We had to pick a time during on-line check-in.  At the pier, at no point did anyone check this or seem to care.

On 7/25/2022 at 2:00 PM, helene109 said:

If you're done with your check-in, your edocs should be ready. Top of your first ticket should say that terminal arrival time has not been selected. If so, you're good to show up at any time. 

Haven boarding will start around 11:00 am

Priority boarding (top tier members) around 11:15 am

General boarding around 11:30 am

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

If you're done with your check-in, your edocs should be ready. Top of your first ticket should say that terminal arrival time has not been selected. If so, you're good to show up at any time. 

Haven boarding will start around 11:00 am

Priority boarding (top tier members) around 11:15 am

General boarding around 11:30 am

So helpful we will leave our hotel at 11 as check out is 11! Thanks again!