Seeking Recommendations for Pre-Cruise Hotels and Parking in Los Angeles

gardengalaz

Greetings!

We will be sailing aboard the Solstice, departing December 11 from the Los Angeles Cruiseport.  We've sailed many times from Long Beach, but this will be our first time leaving from LA.  We'll be driving in from Phoenix and would appreciate any recommendations for a decent hotel for the night before and where to best park our car.  Since we'll only be at the hotel to sleep, it doesn't need to be anything special. Any hotels include parking for the week and shuttle us back and forth?  Or should we just grab a hotel anywhere along our route in the LA vicinity, drive the rest of the way to the port the morning of departure and park the car at the terminal? Thanks in advance for your guidance.

We have stayed at the doubletree Hilton at San Pedro about 15 min from port of San Pedro and we had the room facing the bay and watched navigator arrive.  Parking at the port is so easy then you walk on off without having to shuttle anywhere    

• Like 1

If you're parking, you can stay in Long Beach too, which has more hotel options than San Pedro., or maybe try another interesting coastal spot, like Santa Monica or Redondo Beach. I've stayed in all those places and rented a bike to ride coastal paths along the beach. Then just drive to the port the next day. If you find a cheaper parking option in Long Beach, you can Uber to the port--I've even taken a public bus from San Pedro to Long Beach, biked the beach, and took another bus to Long Beach Airport.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gardengalaz said:

Greetings!

We will be sailing aboard the Solstice, departing December 11 from the Los Angeles Cruiseport.  We've sailed many times from Long Beach, but this will be our first time leaving from LA.  We'll be driving in from Phoenix and would appreciate any recommendations for a decent hotel for the night before and where to best park our car.  Since we'll only be at the hotel to sleep, it doesn't need to be anything special. Any hotels include parking for the week and shuttle us back and forth?  Or should we just grab a hotel anywhere along our route in the LA vicinity, drive the rest of the way to the port the morning of departure and park the car at the terminal? Thanks in advance for your guidance.

The following hotels claim to have cruise parking assuming you stay there:

Crown Plaza, San Pedro

Best Western Plus, San Pedro

Double Tree, San Pedro

The Cove, Long Beach

On 7/31/2022 at 6:59 PM, jelayne said:

The port is in San Pedro, there are a few hotels very close to the port.  We have stayed at the Crowne Plaza, and are staying there for 12/3 cruise.

I just booked the Crowne Plaza for the 12/3 Solstice cruise. It says there's a cruise port shuttle from the hotel. Can't wait. I've never done a west coast cruise.

On 8/2/2022 at 8:06 AM, wikoffclan said:

I just booked the Crowne Plaza for the 12/3 Solstice cruise. It says there's a cruise port shuttle from the hotel. Can't wait. I've never done a west coast cruise.

The Solstice is one of our favorite ships. * You'll get free parking with your stay at CP...the shuttle cost $5.50/person, each way. Or if you're able, a 20-minute leisurely walk.

• Like 1