Current Air Desk response time...

Pcardad

3 hours ago, Pcardad said:

November

Ok, that may explain it.  We are April of next year and made the request once the window opened.  I believe Regent said they would handle in date order.  If they are totally slammed maybe they have not gotten to next year.  Still, we have researched the flights and it would be a 10-20 minute conversation to select. It just seems incredulous that the paperwork has sat there since July 1.

• Like 1

On July 19 I asked our TA to request flights for our Splendor trip on April 9, 2023. We received the proposed flights on July 21, which we promptly accepted. It wasn’t until today that we receive confirmation of booking with seats, etc. Almost 3 weeks. Our TA said that “the whole air department has changed”. 

Re the reference in #10 to the "air deviation window opened on....", what exactly is the air deviation window and how would I know when it opens for an August 2023 cruise to primarily Norway. (In case it isn't obvious, we would be new to Regent.) Thanks in advance.

On 8/9/2022 at 3:46 PM, Snackdaddy said:

Hi Borna,

When is your embarkation date?  Ours is not until April 11, 2023 and we've been waiting since our air deviation window opened on July 15, 2022.  

our departure date is in Jan 2023

On 8/10/2022 at 2:07 PM, Pcardad said:

If you don't get a response in the 10 business day window they promise, call into Regent and ask to be put through to the Air Desk.

Thanks. I've done that many times.  Usually, I'm told that it's in the queue to be worked on.  Once on Sat. Aug. 6, Jonathan (Regent rep) told me, coldly, that my request is not an emergency and he would not help me!

4 minutes ago, Borna said:

Thanks. I've done that many times.  Usually, I'm told that it's in the queue to be worked on.  Once on Sat. Aug. 6, Jonathan (Regent rep) told me, coldly, that my request is not an emergency and he would not help me!

I would escalate that to his supervisor...they have lost their jobs for far less. The supervisor will review the call...they are recorded...and solve the situation. 

25 minutes ago, LakeSideKen said:

Re the reference in #10 to the "air deviation window opened on....", what exactly is the air deviation window and how would I know when it opens for an August 2023 cruise to primarily Norway. (In case it isn't obvious, we would be new to Regent.) Thanks in advance.

I believe it it 270 days prior to embarkation. 

Interesting.  I was under the impression that they could not actually book a flight prior to 270 days, which is why that is when deviation becomes available.  I would not want to pay twice for deviation just to get the first flight nailed down, without the return flight.  So far I have been making my own air arrangements for my Regent bookings, but I tend to like longer voyages and b2bs, so this will impact me in the future.  I will be asking Regent to provide air for my 83 night Grand Arctic Adventure in 2024, and there will be no way they can arrange my return flight at 270 days before embarkation.

I know that comparing with another company is not really fair, but Silversea has a similar 270 day rule.  They informed my TA that they could not book my air at 270 days prior to embarkation, and I have to wait until 270 days prior to my flight home.  Perhaps that is because I am delaying my return flight until 10 days after disembarkation, and/or only because my return will be a total of 37 days after my initial departure date.  My original request was 305 days before my return flight, probably prior to the return flight availability.

I would be interested to hear if anyone has successfully gotten a Regent deviation booking more than 300 days prior to their return date.  Or if anyone has been told they have to wait until 270 days before their return.

Susie. The 270 days will support up to a 60 day cruise as domestic flight schedules are released 330 days or 11 months prior to flight. I know of two and likely more foreign airlines release schedules :360 days prior to flights. 

the 270 day deviation requirement co Ed’s probably 90% or more people for their return flights. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

You can get your flights for the return as well no matter what the return - I've seen/done it. The reason is that Regent holds the flights from their allocations and doesn't ticket them until later. 

Don’t doubt flights can be held from allocation however no guarantee the specific flights will be available when flights are released for sale for the way out dates. 

and with all of changes recently to already released flights specific flights may or may not actually fly and flights not yet released IMHO even more risk on those. And as always YMMV.