Cancel for any reason insurance

okiedrifters

CFAR is an add-on in most comprehensive travel policies if purchased within the defined time period following initial deposit. It can significantly impact the cost of the premium while offering only 75% return of nonrefundable costs if you file a claim.

You can easily compare policies using the filters in the search function of online agencies like squaremouth or insuremytrip. Click on the link to see the full policy for details and options.

Consider cruise line insurance if FCC rather than cash is acceptable. Most cruise lines include it as a non-insurance benefit in the policies they sponsor. You may find it is less expensive than third-party insurance with the CFAR upgrade.

You’ll also find cruise line insurance has somewhat lower levels of coverage in other areas, but you did not ask about those.

On 8/1/2022 at 3:39 PM, okiedrifters said:

Hi everyone! 

Any suggestions for “cancel for any reason” insurance companies? Anyone bought it recently? 

Thanks in advance for suggestions, just hoping to find it in a fairly reasonable range. 

Hi okiedrifters,

The “cancel for any reason” coverage might not be a good fit for you. Is there a particular reason you want it?

Steve Dasseos

9 hours ago, iamtrustworthy said:

Hi okiedrifters,

The “cancel for any reason” coverage might not be a good fit for you. Is there a particular reason you want it?

Steve Dasseos

Steve, my husband had said he did not want another cruise credit! I finally convinced him that we should just buy the insurance we always do that covers medical cancellation and medical evacuation if needed. Among other reasons also. So, that’s what I did.  Thanks for your reply! 

16 hours ago, okiedrifters said:

Steve, my husband had said he did not want another cruise credit! I finally convinced him that we should just buy the insurance we always do that covers medical cancellation and medical evacuation if needed. Among other reasons also. So, that’s what I did.  Thanks for your reply! 

Hi okiedrifters,

> my husband had said he did not want another cruise credit!

Will the policy you bought reimburse you in cash if you cancel for a covered reason even if the cruise line gives you a cruise credit?

Steve Dasseos

7 hours ago, iamtrustworthy said:

Hi okiedrifters,

> my husband had said he did not want another cruise credit!

Will the policy you bought reimburse you in cash if you cancel for a covered reason even if the cruise line gives you a cruise credit?

Steve Dasseos

No, if you get a FCC, they will not pay. I am unaware of any cruise insurance that will…they ask when you file a claim if you are receiving compensation of any kind from the original source. They will only pay for your actual losses. Say, you have to reschedule and the cruise line charges you a fee, they will refund the additional fees, etc.