Carnival's new Bahamas port will allow 2 large ships at the same time.

firefly333

On 8/2/2022 at 1:16 PM, NCTribeFan said:

I'm sure lots of people will love it.  It's just not my thing. 

I'm not a fan of the Grand Turk development, or Amber Cove, or the new place nearby at Puerto Plata.  Or at Costa Maya.  I'd just rather take a taxi to a locally-owned establishment and spend my money there.

I'm not against private islands at all.  It's the developments at the piers that discourage people from seeing the "real thing" that I don't like.

For those looking for a different private island experience, take a look at MSC and their Ocean Cay.  I was there in April.  There's still lots to be done, but when it's finished and the vegetation grows in, it should be great.

I understand and somewhat agree with that sentiment personally but I also understand that Carnival is mostly in the 'vacation' business.  Most folks who sail on her ships aren't world travelers interested in exploring new destinations and cultures. They was a good week's vacation at a fair price.  Plus by keeping the pax close, Carnival and every other mass market cruise line captures that daily revenue.

There are ways to do exactly what you are describing.  Just typically not on the mega liners heading out for 5-7 days from the east coast of Florida.

• Like 1

On 8/4/2022 at 9:28 AM, jsglow said:

I understand and somewhat agree with that sentiment personally but I also understand that Carnival is mostly in the 'vacation' business.  Most folks who sail on her ships aren't world travelers interested in exploring new destinations and cultures. They was a good week's vacation at a fair price.  Plus by keeping the pax close, Carnival and every other mass market cruise line captures that daily revenue.

Not to mention that the world travelers don't like these spots anyways. Even if they go there, there is literally nothing taken away. Just more options for more people.