Reporting Items lost or left on the ship

harrodsfan

My husband left his iPad in our stateroom on our last cruise. I was given a rccl number to call but that didn’t work. Then I called Azamara. After a total of one and a half hour on the phone I finally got this info from Azamara. I hope this could help others. 

From Azamara. 

I was finally able to get ahold of someone and got some information for you regarding your husband’s lost iPad. I was not aware of this but for lost items there is actually a website where you can report the lost item and when they find it, they ship it to you. Below I have a link for the website and I started the process to see how this is done, and it’s quite eaSy. All you have to do is click “report lost item” at the top of the page, type “Azamara Club Cruises” as where you lost the item, and there’s a form on the next page where you put in your address, cruise information, and what the item is and they ship it to you. There is also an email where all lost items should be reported to, which I also have below. You will need your booking number, ship name and journey date. I hope this is helpful and if I can help with anything else, please let me know. I’m sorry it took so long and I appreciate your patience.

www.chargerback.com  - website where you can start the lost item claim

lostitemstatus@rccl.com – email address where this should be reported to

AZAMARA®

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2022 at 6:23 AM, harrodsfan said:

My husband left his iPad in our stateroom on our last cruise. I was given a rccl number to call but that didn’t work. Then I called Azamara. After a total of one and a half hour on the phone I finally got this info from Azamara. I hope this could help others. 

From Azamara. 

I was finally able to get ahold of someone and got some information for you regarding your husband’s lost iPad. I was not aware of this but for lost items there is actually a website where you can report the lost item and when they find it, they ship it to you. Below I have a link for the website and I started the process to see how this is done, and it’s quite eaSy. All you have to do is click “report lost item” at the top of the page, type “Azamara Club Cruises” as where you lost the item, and there’s a form on the next page where you put in your address, cruise information, and what the item is and they ship it to you. There is also an email where all lost items should be reported to, which I also have below. You will need your booking number, ship name and journey date. I hope this is helpful and if I can help with anything else, please let me know. I’m sorry it took so long and I appreciate your patience.

www.chargerback.com  - website where you can start the lost item claim

lostitemstatus@rccl.com – email address where this should be reported to

AZAMARA®

Just to say that a few on this forum are in touch with some of the Azamara crew. It's worth posting here just to see if anyone is able to send a message. It might result in nothing, but worth a go. 

Phil 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, luv2cruise668 said:

I accidently left my airpods behind in my cabin and i was notified 6 weeks ago that they were found and I am still waiting for them to be shipped to me.  It is a ridiculously SLOW process.  

How nice that they notified you that they were found and agreed to ship them.

• Like 4

We are still waiting for notification that my husbands iPad will be shipped. Paid over $200 for the shipping. It’s been three weeks. It is taking a ridiculously long time. Fortunately we are able to track it for a while through the “ find my “ app. But the battery is dead now. 

30 minutes ago, harrodsfan said:

We are still waiting for notification that my husbands iPad will be shipped. Paid over $200 for the shipping. It’s been three weeks. It is taking a ridiculously long time. Fortunately we are able to track it for a while through the “ find my “ app. But the battery is dead now. 

I'm a little confused. In your first post, you never mentioned that your husband's IPad had been found.  Could you share with us how you were notified and also why it is costing $200 for the shipping?

20 hours ago, tgg said:

I'm a little confused. In your first post, you never mentioned that your husband's IPad had been found.  Could you share with us how you were notified and also why it is costing $200 for the shipping?

It was found by Azamara and put in the onboard lost and found. When the next cruise was over it was forwarded to the firm that handles lost items.. chargeback.com. They charge for the shipping. FedEx. It seems to take a long time but we followed up with Azamara and they said it’s on its way. It has to go though customs?? 

2 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I think the moral of the story is it's your responsibility to ensure that you don't leave anything behind. If you do then best endeavours, but it may end up costing you.  Might be simpler to claim on your insurance if its covered. 

Phil 

Of course. We are lucky. We’ve traveled to over 100 countries and this is the first time we have left anything of value anywhere. It was left in the bed under the covers. I checked my side of the bed and not my husbands. We always do a double check of every drawer in the room etc. it was our responsibility. The $200 charge will remind us to be even more vigilant. Fortunately my husband still had his iPhone. 

19 minutes ago, harrodsfan said:

It was found by Azamara and put in the onboard lost and found. When the next cruise was over it was forwarded to the firm that handles lost items.. chargeback.com. They charge for the shipping. FedEx. It seems to take a long time but we followed up with Azamara and they said it’s on its way. It has to go though customs?? 

I think the site is chargerback.com.  Chargeback is not legit.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes it is chargerback,,, auto correct.😬 and btw.. while my husbands iPad was found and sent to them over a month later it still has not been shipped. After we paid over $200 for shipping! Azamara has gotten involved after repeated emails. They are going to have it shipped to them in Florida and then to us. Obviously it was our fault to leave it.. but still. The problem seems to be with the Royal Caribbean/Azamara interface.

• 3 weeks later...