Loss of cruise credits due to covid cancellations

SchwartzBwithU

Has anyone experienced the loss of many $ and cruise credits to to cancellations.

We have and asked the cruise line if we could pass our credits on to younger family members. Advanced age and new health issues prompted that request. The cruise line has rejected that alternative leaving us with several thousand dollars lost.

Would like to hear if others have experienced the same

• 2 weeks later...

My brother 'gifted" my sister and I his cruise credits.  We had to use them to book a cruise and they must be used by Dec. 31, 2022 so we booked a cruise mid November.   This is on Holland America.    He had a cruise booked for Hawaii, but Covid got worse and his health also wasn't good so he needed to cancel.  All his money was returned but his original deposit and that is what he gifted to my sister and I..  I hope you can find a way to not lose those credits.  

• 8 months later...

Carnival gave everyone their fares back in cruise credits after a terrible cruise in 2019 to Bermuda that had us rocking and rolling for over 8 hrs due to a nearby hurricane. Credit was supposed to be used by 3/2021, then came Covid and then I had double hip replacements. So recently called our great PVP on Carnival and she asked the department in charge of the cruise credits and the next day they granted us the full cruise credits for use on a December cruise to the Bahamas out of NYC on the Costa ship that will be the Italian experience by Carnival, cruising out of NYC exclusively. We booked a Terezza aft balcony and we are very excited to be on this "new" ship during the Christmas season. 

18 hours ago, teaach02 said:

Carnival gave everyone their fares back in cruise credits after a terrible cruise in 2019 to Bermuda that had us rocking and rolling for over 8 hrs due to a nearby hurricane. Credit was supposed to be used by 3/2021, then came Covid and then I had double hip replacements. So recently called our great PVP on Carnival and she asked the department in charge of the cruise credits and the next day they granted us the full cruise credits for use on a December cruise to the Bahamas out of NYC on the Costa ship that will be the Italian experience by Carnival, cruising out of NYC exclusively. We booked a Terezza aft balcony and we are very excited to be on this "new" ship during the Christmas season. 

Very nice!

• 2 weeks later...