What if a passenger bails...can we sub someone??

drpclarke

Sigh.

My son is going on a cruise in a week and a half. He has paid for the ticket/cabin/etc. for himself and his grandma, as a gift to her. :0)

My mom has a tendency to back out of things, and sure enough, she started laying the groundwork today...her knees hurt, etc. This is pretty typical; I had just hoped she would not do this with a cruise given to her as a gift.

I know we can CANCEL the reservation - and get no money back. My question is...can we send someone in her PLACE, such as my husband??  

Thanks all!

My first question is that you say son. At least 1 person from the original reservation must go.

I question you about son because of the age requirement.

Since you ask if hubby can go with son in lieu of grandma,,,, the answer is maybe/probably/I hope so.

I called Carnival about a similar circumstance a couple weeks ago and was told I could change passenger up to day before for a $95 fee. Not sure how it would have worked that close to sailing with the COVID testing.  I would call carnival directly and ask. Good Luck!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I do name changes all the time,. I even text name changes to my PVP. He changes it immediately and never a fee. When I book my PVP puts my mom as my cabin mate and then the changes begin as I figure out who's coming with. I've done 4 name changes alone on my sailing  the 15th of this month. My PVP gets 4 or 5 bookings a year out of me so that may be part of it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WKUTopperFan said:

I do name changes all the time,. I even text name changes to my PVP. He changes it immediately and never a fee. When I book my PVP puts my mom as my cabin mate and then the changes begin as I figure out who's coming with. I've done 4 name changes alone on my sailing  the 15th of this month. My PVP gets 4 or 5 bookings a year out of me so that may be part of it.

This is why a GOOD PVP is invaluable.  If you just deal with Carnival customer service you can change the name (usually) but for a fee.

I good PVP, like mine and WKUTopperFan's, can get a lot of change fees waived.  Mine does it all the time for a bunch of different things!

• Like 1