Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Central Park question

nikylnn1

Does anyone have any experience with the Residence Inn/Manhattan Central Park?  That's the one we currently have booked for just one night pre-cruise in September.

Our flight is supposed to land at LGA at 11am.  We would like to do some walking to look around, specifically thinking maybe go to Top of the Rock and a pedicab tour of Central Park, dinner, then bed.

Thoughts on if this location is a good bet for this plan?

Also, would love to know if you have recommendations for dinner near this hotel.  Thanks!

The location is fine for what you have planned. It’s a safe area. Walkable to Columbus Circle area where there are all types of restaurants. Walkable to Central Park. You can walk to Top of Rock if you’re used to walking less than a mile. 

• Like 1

We frequently stay at the Courtyard associated with this Residence Inn and have stayed in this part, also. If your room is not ready when you arrive, they will store your luggage for you while you are out and about. 

The location is an easy walk to Central Park and Times Square. There are numerous restaurants in the area. We really enjoy an Irish Pub on 57th at 9th. We also prefer the Apple Jack diner at 55th and Broadway than the breakfast at the hotel. They also have a decent dinner. On the corner of 54th and Broadway is a street stand with very good food. 

The staff is very good at helping to make transportation arrangements, either helping to hail a taxi or a reputable private car service.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, sjh919 said:

Hi. Husband and I cruising mid-Sept from NYC. Interested in theatre district area hotel for walking to Neil Simon for show and all around. Any recommendations?

thanks

Do you have actual dates and a price range? Any hotel chain preferences? It could boil down to actual dates and day of the week.

It's hit an miss in that area for now. I'm hoping things settle down. You can get some nice hotels, but you'll likely pay for them. 

Whoops! While it will let me edit. How close do you want to be? Have you been to Times Square in the past? Broadway theaters are adjacent to Times Square, which is kind of its own world. Saving a few bucks on a hotel will pay for a lot of Uber. But sometimes (last week, for instance) Times Square Hotels can be less expensive than hotels away from Times Square. Not saying inexpensive, just less...

Edited by markeb

1 hour ago, markeb said:

Do you have actual dates and a price range? Any hotel chain preferences? It could boil down to actual dates and day of the week.

It's hit an miss in that area for now. I'm hoping things settle down. You can get some nice hotels, but you'll likely pay for them. 

Whoops! While it will let me edit. How close do you want to be? Have you been to Times Square in the past? Broadway theaters are adjacent to Times Square, which is kind of its own world. Saving a few bucks on a hotel will pay for a lot of Uber. But sometimes (last week, for instance) Times Square Hotels can be less expensive than hotels away from Times Square. Not saying inexpensive, just less...

Thanks for your response. We’ll be there 9/15-9/17. Going to do the tourist thing-have been to Times Sq. Would rather be in theatre district as opposed to the middle of Times Square. BUT if you have recommendation for hotel/area we’d be interested. We are seeing very pricey but willing to pay to be walking distance to several attractions. Thx

13 hours ago, sjh919 said:

Hi. Husband and I cruising mid-Sept from NYC. Interested in theatre district area hotel for walking to Neil Simon for show and all around. Any recommendations?

thanks

We love the michealanglo small boutique hotel , great location near broadway plays restaurants etc on 51st and 7th . 

On 8/18/2022 at 9:41 PM, sjh919 said:

thanks

I would get hotel closer to 6th Ave. Maybe the Hilton or Sheraton? Then you can also walk to MoMA and Rock Center. You can also walk over to the edge of Central Park by the Plaza Hotel.