Report on One Voyage Arrival Group Opening (Oct 2022)

Steelers36

4 hours ago, JoRoy218 said:

Hmmmmm, we’re scheduled for Sept. 1 Diamond. No arrival times present as of 5 minutes ago. 

Have you checked on your roll call to see if anyone there has been able to get a boarding time?

34 minutes ago, DiRonT said:

Have you checked on your roll call to see if anyone there has been able to get a boarding time?

Unfortunately no one on our Roll Call  at this point has been able to access boarding times

On 8/4/2022 at 7:26 PM, Steelers36 said:

I noticed this evening that Arrival Groups had opened up for Regal Oct 01.  I have not been checking daily, so I cannot say the exact day it opened, but it had to be just inside the 60 day mark.  Maybe it's going to be getting earlier now than in the past.  Anyway, it worked and I grabbed Early A.  Now my MC App "home page" has the big green box with the QR Code.  Looking good.  I was thinking it might happen around this timing, but had not checked the past couple of days.

15 hours ago, Carnevale said:

When it opens, what departure time is good for those staying on independently in the disembarkation city?  I don’t want to have to be up earlier than necessary but I don’t want a long wait in a crowded public area either so I am unsure what to pick when the time comes.

Also wondering if departure times open at 59 days.

Thx!

14 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Opening date varies widely.  I have not seen any standard/consistency.

Pick an early time.  If you play by their rules, you can show up after your time, but not before.   Of course, we all know, there are no rules.  

I’d rather give up my late check out for lunch on the ship. 

3 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

@Carnevaleoops, good catch.  I need to refocus the brain to digest what the eyes read…..

Same principle.  I pick an earlier time and walk off when I want to.  App choice has never been available.  Paper delivered to your cabin a few nights before the end. This way, my luggage is usually the only one left in the pick up area.  Makes it easier to find.  

Breakfast is served until 8:30 in MDR.  Buffet/IC a little bit longer.  Everyone needs to be out of their cabins by 8 ish.  Latest I’ve walked off has been 9:30ish. 

5 hours ago, JoRoy218 said:

Hmmmmm, we’re scheduled for Sept. 1 Diamond. No arrival times present as of 5 minutes ago. 

I am so confused with this thread.  It is now afternoon my time.  My brain is starting to awaken.  Let me see if I can finally get this straight.

OP @Steelers36 My arrival time opened at 59 days.  @JoRoy218Your's "should have" opened by now, but I have had it open as late as 30 days prior.  Yes, I much preferred the archaic way of printing out my documents and showing up as an Elite at any time.  It didn't work when Princess tried to use embarkation by decks.  It isn't working with Arrival Times.  You can expect Princess to be modifying and correcting enough times to add confusion to the chaos.

Then @Carnevale throws in "disembarkation"/departure time to the mix.  Brain went into overload.

Thankfully, my "procedure" works for me both coming and going.  Choose early and do as you please.  I hope this clarifies the muddiness I created.  No worse than Princess.  No better either.  At least I am always in the correct group.

41 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Then @Carnevale throws in "disembarkation"/departure time to the mix.  Brain went into overload.

Thankfully, my "procedure" works for me both coming and going.  Choose early and do as you please.  I hope this clarifies the muddiness I created.  No worse than Princess.  No better either.  At least I am always in the correct group.

The Departure Time functionality in MC App has never been activated to date AFAIK.  Not sure if/when they might use it.  If it is active on-board, it would be interesting to know that.  I thought they were doing disembark times the old way.

Nothing showing up for arrival times in the app for my Sept 5th cruise which is also on the Diamond. Hoping that Princess is still working on arrival logistics as that cruise, along with the September 1 cruise depart from San Diego, so not a typical Princes cruise start/end port

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

The Departure Time functionality in MC App has never been activated to date AFAIK.  Not sure if/when they might use it.  If it is active on-board, it would be interesting to know that.  I thought they were doing disembark times the old way.

If you scroll back up to my post (#24), you will see that the "old" reliable paper form is still being delivered to your cabin a few nights before disembarkation.  No changes.  Fill it out, give to steward/leave at CS counter, and receive your disembarkation tags and time.  As always, you can go to CS counter and change the time to something that is more suitable to your schedule.

Departure time on APP was never and will never be activated.  Just for show (in my opinion).

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads up Steelers36.  Just now did ours. Our sailing is October 4th.  I’ve been checking every day lately. I know I just checked either last nite or the night before.  Got that big Green box QR code also😎
     So appreciate the info,       Grace 

Edited by Ronnieslady
  • Like 2