pre-cruise test 48 or 72 hours??

chrism23

We are leaving next Wednesday from Reykjavik to Dublin.  In the pre-cruise info sent by SS it discusses the requirement for verified COOVID testing.  But both 48 hours and 72 hours are mentioned as the prior to embarkation requirement.  Does anyone know which one is accurate?  Thanks.

The CDC provided the murky language.  “ Fully vaccinated “ means you got the initial vaccination doses.  Testing is 48 hours prior to embarkation.    “Up to Date” means you have received the number of boosters you are entitled to for your age and medical conditions.  Testing is 72 hours prior to embarkation.  For those of us with long transit times, take into consideration time zones.   We fly on Monday and embark on Wednesday.  Norway is six hours later than we are (EST).  So, our window of opportunity 

starts at 10 am on Sunday if embarkation is at 4pm.  Anyway, I doubt that they will be doing calculations at check in.  

• Like 1

That’s what I assumed but on the SS document they don’t define up to date.  Not arguing the definitions it’s just I can see how pax can be confused.  I wouldn’t think SS would turn away a 72 hour tested but unboosted pax…would they?

Dunno what about this isn't clear (from the SS website) - 

"up to date” means a person has received all recommended COVID-19 vaccines, including any booster dose(s) when eligible

It'd be difficult for SS to specify any/how many booster doses since that varies by pax age and domicile, so their definition of 'up to date' is a full primary course of an accepted vaccine ('fully vaccinated') plus any/all boosters for which any passenger may be eligible in their home country.

It does seem that there may be a problem for pax who are more than 270 days post primary course and not eligible for a booster but is anyone in that situation any more?

As for a 72 hr tested but unboosted pax being turned away - that firstly depends on whether the pax was eligible for a booster or not, and secondly (I suspect) what mood/how busy the checkin staff are. I wouldn't want to gamble on it.

Edited by jollyjones
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, jollyjones said:

Dunno what about this isn't clear (from the SS website) - 

"up to date” means a person has received all recommended COVID-19 vaccines, including any booster dose(s) when eligible

It'd be difficult for SS to specify any/how many booster doses since that varies by pax age and domicile, so their definition of 'up to date' is a full primary course of an accepted vaccine ('fully vaccinated') plus any/all boosters for which any passenger may be eligible in their home country.

Well, that language is not in the document referenced by Wes W.  Hence the confusion.

2 minutes ago, Gourmet Gal said:

Well, that language is not in the document referenced by Wes W.  Hence the confusion.

Well, I suppose it's naive of me to expect pax to research the SS website and use the information that is available there if they are unsure about something.

Silly moi.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

@jollyjonesis this response really necessary?  With all the chatter about standards on SS, how about the standard simple politeness?  The OP had a question, the language in the website is murky and some passengers have navigated the hurdles and can report their experience.  

• Like 1

It does seem murky.  In trying to figure out if we are fully vaccinated or up to date, I read everything I could find on the website. A couple of weeks ago,  I did see that if you are over 50, a second booster is 'recommended'.  and that would affect your 'up to date' status. 

I am not seeing that now.  Go figure. AND, I did call SS and spoke to someone who was less than well informed...

I'm going for the 48 hour (2 days) so that we don't run into problems.  Additionally, we are bringing an extra proctored test (each), in case they don't like our timing and we have to do it again.

Our flights leave the US on 8/13, land in Keflavik on 8/14, spend the night at the Grand Hotel Reykjavik and board the ship on 8/15.

We are REALLY looking forward to this trip!!!

n

• Like 1

If you need a pre boarding test in Barcelona this is the place to use -
www.teletest.es
But book through fittofly@analyticaltest.org.
Great service. You can get them to come to your hotel which we did. Booked time for 0830-0900.
Nurse in the room at 0831. Test done and waited the 15 minutes and immediately you get a certificate with QR code.
Rojaan wanted a printout so she went down to the concierge with the nurse and that was done straight away.
Even better the tests were negative,

Edited by drron29
  • Like 1